[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Warring texts in Presidential Campaign/Isaiah 1:10-20,John 1

Warring texts in Presidential Campaign/Isaiah 1:10-20,John 1

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Warring texts in Presidential Campaign/Isaiah 1:10-20,John 1

Postby fox » Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:30 am

Isaiah 1:10-20 and John 16:3

In the last 24 hours I have had reports from two loved ones taking different candidates for President. In fact both of these people are in the same picture at my house, from my 50th Birthday party last Summer.
I work both sides of the street when it is the Lord's will and cashed the er Barrel cards they passed on fairly soon. That is not what they gave me, but you know when it comes to fact or Legend, go with the Legend. It is closer to the Truth. See the Bible, Genesis to Revelation.

But one friend for Kerry took a good bit of grief for the Isaiah text. The other loved one is being promoted by an Uncle for using John 16:3 against Kerry, roughly They do these things cause they know not the Father nor Me.
I have to say that takes a little more hubris, is a little triumphalist. I think Isaiah is closer to America's situation at the moment and the John text is being miscontrued taken out of context or somebody is missing the Point.
I say that in all kindness cause several Loved ones know the John Professor has much easier to get along with in the last 24 years than I have and that counts in the Kingdom of God also.
Bottom line is I saw James Forbes twice this year, once in person Feb 8 at Myers Park in Charlotte and on TV Sunday leading Bill Clinton into Riverside BC. There where Bill Coffin and Martin Luther King Jr. have both spoken Clinton said the Republicans were bearing False Witness.
God knows Clinton is a Sinner, but that day behind the Sacred Desk he was telling the Truth.
I have an open invitation for Ronnie Floyd, Land and Karl Rove to meet in the same room with Bill Moyers, Forbes and Richard Jackson and John Weaver and let us work these matters out, or at least try before the election.
I will do what I can to help with the arrangements once Floyd, Land and Rove say they will show up.

God Bless you all.
Stephen Fox
INFORMED GADFLY

fox

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum