[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Bracketology, Final Eight

Bracketology, Final Eight

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Bracketology, Final Eight

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:31 pm

Kentucky VS North Carolina

Texas Vs UConn

Kansas Vs Notre Dame

Old Dominion Vs St. Johns

Belmont takes Wisconsin in First Round and Wofford Upsets BYU

Mitch Hedgepath of Crossville, Alabama, about 8 miles away plays for Belmont
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Re: Bracketology, Final Eight

Postby Ed Pettibone » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:59 pm

Ed: Random thoughts; Nice of you to support the local boy Fox, but I will call that one in favor of Wisconsin 79/62

And I don't see Ky getting a shot at NC. Nor do I see Texas getting out of the 3nd round

You may be right about Kansas vs Notre Dame. But ND would have to get past Purdue and if Louisvlle is on their game Kansas may not get that far.

How are you getting St. Johns out of the 2nd round ? I don't think it will happen although they could bee a sleeper.

My favorites would be Purdue, Notre Dame, and Butler All Indiana teams. Of course Larry Bird would will pull for Indiana State. :wink: But of course ND and Purdue can't both get there. So I will Go with Syracuse as alternate favorite being from NY and representing the Big East.

Princeton is my Cinderella.

I would be happy to see the #1 overall seed Ohio take it all due to their place in the Big Ten.

I haven't made my selections as of yet. Trudy usually beats me by a couple games anyway.
Ed Pettibone

St. Johns

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:19 pm

SJ shocked Duke back in Dec or maybe it was January; blew em out

Not gonna happen this year for Princeton. I like that brand of basketball, but not gonna happen this year. They had their run and I was happy for em.

Ky may play street ball and if they get rollin then Katie bar the door and goodbye Duke.

I saw Hedgepath, the local boy play about four years ago in a thriller against a private school from Huntsville up in Crossville; Good people but Sand Mtn as you can get. Joint was rockin.

Who knows; that's why they tip it off but till we all find out different, staying with my prognostications.

Stephen Fox

Postby Blake » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:47 pm

I'm not much of a fan of basketball and haven't followed anything other than Wisconsin. I picked about half of the bracket and let my dice pick the rest. I have Vandy winning the whole thing over Duke. :lol:
"But for our parts, to take a carnal weapon in our hands, or use the least violence, either to support or pull down the worst, or to set up or maintain the best of men, we look not upon it to be our duty in the least..."
- Henry Adis
Blake

Postby Ed Pettibone » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:22 pm

Ed: My elite 8: Ohio St, North Carolina, Mich, UConn, Louisville, Purdue, Pitt, Fla.

Final four: Ohio St., UConn, Purdue, Pitt

Final Ohio St, Pitt Pitt takes it all

Syracuse, Notre Dame, St. Johns and/or Kansas could mess me up big time.
Ed Pettibone

Postby Ed Pettibone » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:12 pm

Ed Pettibone

BYU and Honor Code

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:51 pm

http://www.religiondispatches.org/dispa ... onor_code/

Princeton doing well against UK with 5 to go

Stephen Fox

Postby Ed Pettibone » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:47 pm

Ed: Where did Richmond come from? The certainly out played Vandy . They where not on my Radar, first time I had not seen them this season.

I am now 6 for 8
Ed Pettibone

Postby Blake » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:53 pm

I think I'm going to melt my dice.
"But for our parts, to take a carnal weapon in our hands, or use the least violence, either to support or pull down the worst, or to set up or maintain the best of men, we look not upon it to be our duty in the least..."
- Henry Adis
Blake

Postby Ed Pettibone » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:57 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:37 pm

Ed : That Butler Vs Pitt game was the toughest game I have ever watched. I had Pitt going to the final game. But my adopted Home town is Indianapoils I lived there 14 years. And I have spent a good bit of time on the Butler campus for Basketball games , concerts, dramatic presentations, debates and lectures. For many years the state high school basketball finals where held in their Field house.
see: http://www.butler.edu/

But then I sort of thought Pitt was the best bet for the Big East . I reconize they have been a bit on and off and did not win the Big east tournament . I can not remember having such mixed emotions about which team I wanted to win a given game. I have long had a soft spot for parents who had son or daughters on opposing teams. Now I think I can truly empathize with that situation. This is going to make the next round even more tough for me.

Right now I am pulling for Ucon against Cinci, because i think Ucon has the better chance going further for the Big East.

Of course most everyone around here is yelling for Syracuse or BYU. Syracuse because it is a NY School and BYU because Jimmer Fredette is from Glens Falls which is only 40 miles up the road.
Ed Pettibone

Postby Sandy » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:16 pm

BYU and Florida ought to provide some fireworks in the Sweet 16. No prediction on that one. In the west, you've got San Diego State going up against UConn, and Arizona going up against Duke played in Anaheim, which means that SDSU and Arizona will have thousands of fans there. I predict an upset, #5 Arizona takes out the Dukies, and #2 SDSU ekes out UConn.
Sandy

Postby Ed Pettibone » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:10 am

Ed Pettibone

Updated Bracket Link

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:04 pm

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basket ... /brackets/

Well here is my final four

UNC: Ky beats OState, and UNC beat KY

Kansas Beats Richmond; and Fl State beats Kansas for a UNC/FlState matchup in Final Four

Duke over AZ then beats Uconn who will beat SDSU

Butler beats Wisc then loses to Florida who beats BYU

So its Duke vs Florida for what looks like an all ACC final Four

Stephen Fox

Postby Sandy » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:53 pm

Florida isn't in the ACC, its in the SEC.

I wouldn't be surprised if Butler makes it into the elite 8, and I'm expecting BYU to get there. If Arizona can hold on to some of the mojo they played with this past weekend, they'll get past Duke. I expect both Ohio State and Kansas to make the final four, so if I'm thinking the Dukies are going to get taken out by the upstart Wildcats, then there won't be a lot of ACC teams left around.
Sandy

Postby Sandy » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:44 am

Well, Duke got taken out by Arizona in a big way. The Wildcats are young, young, and not terribly experienced, and they have another big obstacle this Saturday against U Conn, to get to the final four. But after last night, they've got to have a lot more confidence, but not too much.
Sandy

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:02 pm

Ed:
Ed Pettibone

I'm thinking VCU

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:05 pm

Thursday night I was thinking Arizona could not be stopped after that 2nd half annihilation of Duke.

Now I'm hoping Harrelson and Ky can go the distance, but something tells me as the Coach of VCU said over the weekend, they're goin for the whole blankin thing.

Stephen Fox

Postby Sandy » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:20 pm

Incredible final four. I'd have enjoyed a VCU-Butler final, but this may make it even more exciting, with at least one underdog against a traditional power in the final. And at this point, I've thrown away my bracket, because there's no one in it that I thought would be there. There's no ACC team, the SEC team that made it isn't the one that was expected, and the other two are complete surprises. I wouldn't be surprised if either Butler or VCU wins it all.
Sandy

Postby Ed Pettibone » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:51 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:26 pm

Ed: Well, I get the final game I wanted. Still don't have a favorite. Butler In Indianapolis represents my adopted home town and U Conn is Big East, my favorite conference. :) :) :) :) :)
Ed Pettibone

Re:The Big east thanks U Conn

Postby Ed Pettibone » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:37 pm

Ed: I am a bit disappointed that Butler didn't make a better showing. I said after Butlers last two games "they are going to have better to take it all". They did play good defence . UConn had the lowest winning score since 1949. I am happy for UConn and the Big East. :) :) :) :) :)
Ed Pettibone

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:48 pm

Stephen Fox

One Shining Moment, 2011

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:07 pm