[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Thanks for all the prayers, People...

Thanks for all the prayers, People...

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Thanks for all the prayers, People...

Postby David Flick » Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:55 pm

Hello Everyone,

I was dismissed from Deaconess Hospital at around 9:30am this morning. Effie Mae, and two of my three children (Dorena & Philip) Took me by the Mathis Bros furniture super-store and purchased me a new Lazy-Boy easy chair. That took more time than I really wanted to spend but I do need the chair.

Anyways,... We got home to Chickasha at around 11:30am. My parents and a sister from western Oklahoma arrived at around noon with sandwich-fixing’s and we had a nice family dinner. You can't believe how good a simple baloney & cheese sandwich tastes to this old codger after nearly two weeks of hospital food. Lord have mercy!!! Really good stuff!

Then my 86 yr-old father (who, btw, gets around much better than I'll be able to for the next several weeks) set about making my bathroom and bedroom handicap accessible. (Boy howdy! I sure hope I can get around as good as he does when I get his age.)

After dinner, we sat around and visited and told "old operation stories." Dad has had two knee replacement surgeries, and my sister had a broken hip repaired by surgery. So there was enough misery about surgeries being shared there for a few minutes... :D

I'll probably be somewhat slow getting back into the routine. I don't expect that I'll be spending many continuous hours sitting on this healing hip at the computer. I'll be taking some long breaks. and won’t be writing as frequently for awhile.

Meanwhile back at the ranch, I want to say thank you to every person who prayed for me. called me or sent me a card. Mlovell called me on the day I went to surgery. Lamar Wadsworth called a couple of days after the surgery. I received numerous cards from the BaptistLife.Com family. Wade came by my room numerous times. On one of those occasions he copied four entire threads (about 30 pages of material!) for me to read and enjoy.

I've racked my brain trying figure out a way to give everyone an individual Golden Spur for the thoughts and prayers you had on my behalf. Here's the best I could do. This collage of spurs is given to the entire BL.Com family. You can each take as many as you want from the collage... Or you can each take the whole thing.

Thanks again, everyone.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Joshua Villines » Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:04 pm

David,

I'm delighted to hear that you're home among people who love you.

Welcome back! I'll be praying for your continued recovery.

-Joshua
Joshua Villines
Forum Tech Support

Postby Keith » Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:13 pm

Keith--- David, what part did they take out again? I was theorizing that your liberal tendencies and your bad hip sort of went together. Did they take that out and put a good conservative part in again? Are you now back where you belong?
It is only in Christ that the glory of God can be seen and loved.
Keith

Postby Sandy » Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:19 pm

Good to have you back. Take care of yourself, and know that our prayers are with you.
Sandy

Postby TimW » Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:02 pm

TimW

Postby David Flick » Sun Aug 29, 2004 2:28 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:00 am

Welcome back, David!

Now maybe, just maybe, Keith will realize he has a big chip on his shoulder and he requires a radical chipmasectomy to get right with our Lord.

Stranger things have happened.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Welcome Home

Postby Michael » Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:03 am

David,

Glad to see you're home and recuperating well. We'll continue to pray here. Also happy to see that they didn't take out your funny bone. :lol:
Michael
"Is this heaven?"
"No, it's Iowa."
"Iowa? I could have sworn this was heaven."
Michael

Postby Mark » Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:53 am

Mark

Postby David Flick » Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:42 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Re: Welcome Home

Postby David Flick » Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:54 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby mlovell » Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:49 pm

mlovell

Postby deb » Sun Aug 29, 2004 8:52 pm

deb

Postby Eric » Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:04 am

Welcome back David. Since all the relatives are buying and doing stuff to aid your recovery, now might be the time to ask for a laptop and wireless router so you can post from your easy chair. ;-)
Eric

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum