[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - New Photo Story Thread...

New Photo Story Thread...

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Re: Tell her to take a look at my Blog

Postby David Flick » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:37 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Re: New Photo Story Thread...

Postby Haruo » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:50 am

Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:28 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:34 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Cathy » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:06 am

Wow! Great pictures. We went out to watch but the sky was so overcast here we went to bed. Thanks for posting.
Cathy

Postby Ed Pettibone » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:00 pm

Great pics David but tell me how do we see features of the moon in a TOTAL eclipse? Or is this main picture going into or out of the eclipse? What settings did you use and was the camera on a tripod?
Ed Pettibone

Postby William Thornton » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:14 pm

Photos? OK, here are some from my game camera that I put about 100 ft behind my house:
foxcropped.jpg
Not the one from Collinsville, this one is obviously better groomed :)
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:21 pm

Some folks hereabouts eat these, but not me:
standingcooncropped.jpg
Smile fat boy!
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:22 pm

Lots of these:
sleeping cropped.jpg
Nighty night!
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:15 pm

Ed: I love those pics William, are they taken with infrared flash and sensor? I can tell by the tracks that We have a variety of animals that visit our yard. Interestingly we have more here in suburbia that we did when living in a small village up state which is surrounded by forest.
Ed Pettibone

Postby David Flick » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:06 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:07 am

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:32 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:20 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby David Flick » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:03 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Cathy » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:35 pm

Like your pictures William, Chris, and David. I caught a bit of the wild life on my iphone this morning.
IMG_0677.jpg
A wild turkey on the bird feeder

IMG_0697.jpg
Our Tom turkey in the loafing shed.

IMG_0687.jpg
the goats and llama eating breakfast.
Cathy

Postby David Flick » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:45 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:28 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Jim » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:08 pm

Jim

Postby David Flick » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:59 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:26 am

Ed: Thanks for the look at Enid. But how long should the slide show of this weeks big snow take to load? All the other videos work fine, but that one did not load.

What time of day was the trip to work? It loos as if you where out there by you self for the most part. I am not sure I would ever get used to a place so flat again , it might of remind me of Florida where it not for all the white stuff. Watch for flooding! and again thanks for the pics

And why are your vehicles sitting in front of the garage???????? I wish I had a two care garage. :)
Ed Pettibone

Postby David Flick » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:35 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:48 am

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
A Fourteen Link Photo Story

Yesterday I participated in the funeral wake of , a childhood friend and adopted Indian brother. He grew up a half mile down the road from where I grew up. His grandfather, and my great-grandfather, , lived across the road from one another. Their houses stood less than a thousand feet apart in open country. David from near Newkirk, Oklahoma.

His older brother, , and I were the same age and graduated from high school together in 1959. Kenneth and I were . He three years ago.

On the way to Hammon, I drove through Seiling, which was the site of my first pastorate, Seiling Indian Baptist Mission. For three years I served the mission while I was a student at Oklahoma Baptist University. Here's I have of that mission building. The mission disbanded in the late 80s and burned to the ground in 1991. Somewhere In my archives I have a photo of the chared foundation, but can't locate it at the moment.

Three miles west of Seiling at the intersection of OK-51 and US-183 is . Here's a shot of . Here's a . Here's a .

Farther down the road about 15 miles away from this scene (9 miles west of Fairview) is . Wonder if there's a message somewhere in the sign wrt Obamacare? :D
. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Jim » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:12 pm

Interesting and informative! All-night wakes are rare anymore. When my father, a railroad brakeman on the CNO&TP “rat-hole division” (some 23 or so tunnels) when railroading was a squirrelly occupation, died in 1937, his body was “laid out” in the living room (in the casket, of course, with the flag folded on it) until time for the funeral on a Sunday afternoon. There were people in and out and on the porch, the men smoking their Lucky Strikes or Avalons or maybe a homemade cigar, and there was much talk of the times – Great Depression (19.7% average unemployment 1932-39). Dad died on a caboose at the other end of the line while at work. A few days later, I finished the first grade. I wonder often how it might have been if he had lived.

He’s seen at the far right (1915) in front of the Presbyterian Church, Helenwood, Tenn., not exactly studying the lesson, though at that time he taught grades 1-8 in a one-roomer. The other one is from 1917-18.
Attachments
lesterclark1917-18.jpg
lesterclark-1915(far right).jpg
Jim

Postby Jim » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:48 pm

Jim

PreviousNext

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum