[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - New Photo Story Thread...

New Photo Story Thread...

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Re: New Photo Story Thread...

Postby David Flick » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:17 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:30 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:31 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Sun May 08, 2011 6:50 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Sun May 08, 2011 7:41 am

Congratulations, David, on completing 45 years of active, faithful, selfless, sacrificial, Christian ministry. It is a long haul, from the young student couple pictured there at your home church, through studies, pastorates, DOM service, mission work to what you are calling retirement. I'm sure there is a "well done" awaiting you.

If you were closer to me, I'd haul you out of retirement to preach for me whenever you could.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Jim » Sun May 08, 2011 11:35 am

Jim

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sun May 08, 2011 12:41 pm

Congratulation on another retirement :wink: We missed you this week end but Johnny filled the time well. He should be getting back into Atlanta about now, then he has to drive to Macon.
Ed Pettibone

Postby David Flick » Sun May 08, 2011 2:59 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Sun May 08, 2011 3:42 pm

David, I congratulate you on 45 years of ministry. Wow! You are a little over 2 years ahead of me on this path. That is fantastic, and your council must not have thought you were too great a heretic. Councils can be fascinating. Every one on which I have ever participated has been totally different. Again, blessings in this new phase of your life and ministry.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Sun May 08, 2011 5:07 pm

My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Sun May 08, 2011 5:19 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sun May 08, 2011 6:26 pm

Ed: David I have a couple short reports over on the CBF forum, still have to add some pics.
Ed Pettibone

Postby David Flick » Mon May 09, 2011 12:59 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Mon May 09, 2011 1:40 am

Ed: Yes As the oldest existing pulpit in the U.S., dating to 1656. it is quite interesting. The pipe organ with approximately 4000 pipes (Seen here) was not installed until 1948. I have heard that it was supposed to have been installed in 1942 but was delayed due to WWII. https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/4 ... directlink The seats shown where originally the slave gallery. YES in upstate NY.
Ed Pettibone

Postby David Flick » Thu May 26, 2011 7:53 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Thu May 26, 2011 10:38 am

Ed: Congratulations David.
Ed Pettibone

Postby Neil Heath » Thu May 26, 2011 11:53 am

Having become a grandpa back in March for the first time, I congratulate you wholeheartedly!

Neil
Neil Heath
Neil Heath
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Thu May 26, 2011 2:25 pm

David, my congratulations to you and Effie. That looks like a very precious bundle you are holding.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Mrs Haruo » Thu May 26, 2011 7:28 pm

Heartiest congratulations to the whole family! :wave: That little lady is certainly worth a Golden Spur!
Don't despair if your job and your rewards are few, remember that the mighty oak was once a nut like you!
Mrs Haruo

Postby David Flick » Sat May 28, 2011 6:40 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Sat May 28, 2011 6:46 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:42 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:39 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Mrs Haruo » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:05 am

Delightful video David! I like them better with out a lot of chatter. The lesson is in the observation of the quiet little bees at work. My father got into beekeeping when I was in 7th grade and it became a fascinating hobby for the both of us. Our monthly "Dad and Daughter Date" became the meeting night for the Puget Sound Beekeepers Association in the old Museum of History and Industry. One of the founders of the club had amassed a huge collection of books on beekeeping, and we found out that there were more books written about beekeeping than any other branch of agriculture. Dad said that he figured that the sort of people who were calm and quiet enough to make good beekeepers were the same sort of people who would be likely to write about them. I was thinking of getting a hive or two going on our place when we bought it a few years ago, but the price of equipment to start out with had gone up and we had more pressing needs. Fortunately a neighbor across the fence is running bees now, and our little apple trees are being helped by the ladies work. I may be allergic to them by now anyway, and Leland knows where my epi-pen is kept just in case. This was a big year for bumble bees at our place too. You have a good voice for "nature films" Keep it up!
Don't despair if your job and your rewards are few, remember that the mighty oak was once a nut like you!
Mrs Haruo

Postby Ed Pettibone » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:59 pm

Congratulations on the new granddaughter. Unfortunately can not open fortunately I can not open your two links. In you reports of your trip east I could open most of you photos however ther wher two that would not open. I may get a shot at Trudy's computer. :?
Ed Pettibone

PreviousNext

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum