[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - BBQ

BBQ

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

BBQ

Postby Stephen Fox » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:17 pm

At one time Bruce had a BBQ forum going at this board.
Please feel free to move this post there, but I could no longer find it.
Top Seven in Alabama according to today Feb 25 Bham News, day after Anne Graham Lotz preached to Johnny Hunt and the BFM 2000 believers.

http://www.al.com/food/birminghamnews/i ... xml&coll=2
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Re: BBQ

Postby William Thornton » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:37 am

Some BBQ would be mighty good today.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:19 pm

Our church did 900+ pounds last Saturday to finance the youth mission trip this summer. We sold it all, but what I got was good---MMMM!

It was fun to work at that as well, except when the guys who were adding the pepper did so from a little too high in the air.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:27 pm

Bought some bulgogi meat last night, think I'll go cook it up...
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:26 pm

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:09 pm

"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:45 am

Dave, sounds good. Do you have porkskins when you do the Boston Butts?
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:48 am

Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:17 am

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:00 am

Ed Pettibone

Postby BTeditor » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:25 pm

My good friends, the Averys, treated me to some Waycrazy's BBQ on Signal Mtn., above Chattanooga, Tenn., last night. It was excellent. Put on your list for good BBQ with a good name.
BTeditor

Postby Neil Heath » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:56 pm

I had the world famous Fresh Air BBQ for lunch today before the great blizzard of '09 hit Middle Ga. Must of had over an inch of snow on the ground at one point. :D

Of course the only sane response to such a calamity was to call of schools tomorrow in every county around us.

Neil
Neil Heath
Neil Heath
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:14 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:26 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:15 am

Are they publicly traded? This looks like a real anniversary type year for any still surviving business that has "Since 1929" on its stationery! ;-)
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Bridges, Shelby

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:52 pm

I told a friend on the phone this morning, that with the 30 mile standstill on I-85 from the Spburg, Cherokee County Line by passing Gaffney it's a shame they couldn't reroute traffic up to 74 in Shelby and all stop in for Bridges BBQ for lunch.
Then Again, it ain't open on Monday and Tuesday :brick: :brick: :brick:

All in Re the traffic jam that made national news this mornin with the late snow. I think the jackKnife was there about Hoechst fibres where I had a flat tire in 74

http://www.goupstate.com/article/200903 ... 20985/1083

Congrats to the Baptist churches in Gaffney that took in the stragglers.

JP et. al:
I'll send you an email and may make a fresh post, but our friend Ron Rash, it came to my attention over the weekend; his novel Serena was a Pen/Faulkner nominee, often a precurson to a Pulitzer nomination.

Stephen Fox

Postby Neil Heath » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:11 pm

Neil Heath
Neil Heath
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:37 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:29 am

Ed: David the link to your name on the BBQ page seems not to be working.

While I generaly avoid large Restaurant chains Our overall favorite restaurant in the Albany NY area is Smoky Bones. They have a restaurant on Central Avenue in Colonie, near Wolf Road, which is one of the oldest in the 9-year-old chain. The parent company sold off about half of their stores in late 97 early 98 and the store in Colonie was of those. Unlike so many similar changeovers this one seems to have gone through seamlessly. Great food Very good service, but don't go there if you are in a hurry. I wonder how many of our BL.C. folk are familiar with the chain? One draw back, the ambiance is a bit up scale for a BBQ place. Am I prejudiced or not? :wink:
Ed Pettibone

Sprayberry's, Newnan

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:34 am

Please add my name to Bruce Gourley's endorsing Sprayberry's in Newnan. Me and Lewis Grizzard knew about it long time before Gourley
In fact would love to have a date listed first time Gourley ate it :)
And add Grizzard's name along with mine as an endorsement. I think we can round up the books to verify GRizzard's affection for the stuff, though he was raised Methodist. :) :lol: :brick:

Stephen Fox

Re: Sprayberry's, Newnan

Postby Bruce Gourley » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:52 am

Bruce Gourley
BaptistLife.Com owner

Bruce Gourley
Site Admin

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:39 pm

You trumped me there :)

As Rudy Newton says in Ironweed after the discussion about Charles Darwin, "You got me buddy, you got me."

Stephen Fox

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum