[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Gas Prices?

Gas Prices?

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Re: Gas Prices?

Postby Ed Edwards » Wed May 05, 2010 1:25 pm

Down to $2.85 Rounded
Was $2.90 Rounded on Monday, 3 May 2010
Regular Unleaded, no Ethanol

in South part of Exciting central Oklahoma - 4 miles from I-35
:angel:
( for the physical Millennial Messianic Reign of Jesus )

-- Ed Edwards, AGW Dude
(AGW = Anthropogenic Global Warming)
Ed Edwards

Postby johnfariss » Wed May 05, 2010 1:51 pm

I just paid $2.819 at Costco in Brandywine, Maryland, a 20 mile distant suburb of Washington, up about 10 cents from my previous fill-up. It is 2 - 4c per gallon more at most places locally, but edges up by 15 - 25c the closer to Washington you get.

Here is my gas story: 26, 28 years ago, when gas was approaching the outrageous $2/gal, I was a security consultant in Birmingham, Alabama. One of our clients was Texaco, and in our office was the regional personnal manager for company-owned stations in the southeastern US--that being defined as the area north to the Mason-Dixon line and west to the Mississippi. The secretary's radio happened to be on, and they announced the quarterly profits for the oil companies while he was there. When a company spokesman for Texaco explained that Texaco was making only 1 or 2 cents a gallon profit, but their profits were so huge because the American public insisted on buying so much, etc., etc., etc., this Texaco executive laughed out loud. We all looked at him with a puzzled expression, and he said to us, "I work for these people, but I'm not that big a liar. We're selling gas right now that we've had in tanks for 15 years, and even when you add in the cost of storage and transportation, it costs us about 15 cents a gallon!" Whether you believe it or not, and whether he was accurate or not, that is what he said.

John Fariss
johnfariss

Postby Ed Edwards » Wed May 05, 2010 2:52 pm

The tax in my state (Oklahoma) is 17 cents per gallon.
:angel:
( for the physical Millennial Messianic Reign of Jesus )

-- Ed Edwards, AGW Dude
(AGW = Anthropogenic Global Warming)
Ed Edwards

Postby Mrs Haruo » Wed May 05, 2010 11:12 pm

:D My public transit pass is $100 for a year :D
Don't despair if your job and your rewards are few, remember that the mighty oak was once a nut like you!
Mrs Haruo

Postby Haruo » Wed May 05, 2010 11:42 pm

Yeah, but mine is $72 a month, and basically covers the same services on the same systems. Still a lot cheaper than a car would be.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:47 am

The last week and a half gas prices here have bucked the tradition of going up for a holiday.

On may 3rd I reported "Here in the NY Capital Area yesterday prices for regular ranged from $2. 80 to $3.05".

Yesterday, June 1st It was $2.62 to $2.72 :)
Ed Pettibone

Postby KeithE » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:30 am

Gas is down to under $2.30 at the cutrate places here in Huntsville.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby ET » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:00 am

About $2.45 around the Memphis area at Kroger and Wal-mart.
I'm Ed Thompson, and I approve this message.
ET

Postby David Flick » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:18 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:26 am

Yesterday they were $3.549 at I-95 exit 11 in VA. Ouch!
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:31 am

Ed: David you are 20 cents lower than us. $3.69 in Schenectady
Ed Pettibone

Postby Haruo » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:13 pm

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:18 pm

Looking at the cheap gas finder sites it looks like they're down just a tad. This is .

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:49 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:35 am

With my customer loyalty card, I paid $2.97 at the Get-n-Go in East Liverpool, Ohio on Saturday. But that's with a 25c per gallon discount that has accumulated over a couple of months of grocery purchases and a big dry cleaning order. The pump price is $3.32. Cross the state line into Pennsylvania, and it goes up to $3.60.
Sandy

Postby Haruo » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:12 am

The three stations closest to our home were all at $3.95 a couple days ago (last time I looked), which was down from a high of $4.09 two or three weeks ago. Those are not the lowest in the area, just the closest to home.

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:41 pm

When I filled up for our trip on July 16, I paid $3.59 with my 10 cent per gallon discount card for a local chain.Last Tuesday when I filled up on our return I paid $3.54. I just checked gas Buddy and today it is $3.51, with the discount it would be $3.41. On the trip the least I paid was $3.29 in Ohio, down the road a short time later I saw a sign for $2.99. the highest I paid was $3.48 also in Ohio. I averaged 34.6 MPG on the trip.
Ed Pettibone

Postby KeithE » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:44 pm

This map that Haruo posted in 2011 is updated frequently (maybe everyday).

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:06 am

The map is helpful. The people in our township know that if they go to New Castle, 10 miles west, the gas is less than it is in Butler, 10 miles to the east, and significantly less than in Beaver County or Pittsburgh, 16 miles to the south. If you live around New Castle, it's feasible, and you can save money by driving across the line into Ohio, where it runs between 20 and 30 cents less. That's because the wholesale cost is less coming out of Cleveland refineries, whose distribution area reaches Youngstown's northern suburbs. We'll travel over there, 25 miles, to shop, even though it's only 10 miles to Butler, because we can save $9 or $10 on a tank of gas.
Sandy

Postby Ed Pettibone » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:11 pm

Ed: Sandy what are you driving?
Ed Pettibone

Postby Haruo » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:43 pm

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:44 pm

I saw $3.119/gal at cut rate station today.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:36 pm

Sandy

Postby Ed Pettibone » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:33 am

Ed Pettibone

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:14 pm

I bought gas again for the 2nd time since our trip and with 10 cents a gallon discount card it was $3.47.
Ed Pettibone

PreviousNext

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum