[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Gas Prices?

Gas Prices?

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Gas Prices?

Postby Rock » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:55 pm

I just paid $4.49 for a gallon of regular gasoline. That is up 1.00 since yesterday. What is worse is many places have no gas to sell. What are you paying? Is gas available in your area?
Rock

Come to Collinsville

Postby Stephen Fox » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:03 pm

Get off at exit 205 and go south on 11 to the County Line Beer Store and you can get it there for 3.59 and talk to a lot of Methodists on Friday afternoon about what is going on at their church.
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Re: Come to Collinsville

Postby Rock » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:08 pm

Rock

Re: Gas Prices?

Postby Ed Pettibone » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:12 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby William Thornton » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:17 pm

Up 50 cents/gal since yesterday.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:35 pm

It was $3.519 at a cut rate place (Kangaroo) about 12:00 noon today but the line was at least a quarter of mile long. It was $4.659 at another (normally cutrate) place (Jet-Pep?) at noon. Finally fileld up at a Chevron for $3.999. I noticed the price was removed at the Kangaroo by 5:10 and the line was not as long.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby deb » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:37 pm

I filled yesterday at $3.49

This afternoon, same station (and one across the street too) has gas at $6.69 and lines 6-8 cars deep in each bay. My teenage driver, who I supply one take of gas a month for, is astounded....and probably wishing he were working more hours!!!
EDIT_-I meant $3.69 ... but this morning I noticed, that same station is now at $3.99...and several pumps at nearby stations are now covered
Last edited by deb on Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
deb

Postby Gary » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:39 pm

Isn't the free market wonderful?

Nice profit to be had on what they already had in their tanks.

They just need to remember to not light up their celebratory cigars near the tanks...
Gary

Postby Chris » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:15 pm

I filled up tonight at 5:30pm EDT for $3.659. I did that after hearing a story on TV news about refineries in Texas shutting down. I could have filled up this morning for $3.369.

A local TV reporter said the gasoline "pipeline" has been "turned off" at Memphis, and there is no eastbound gasoline east of the Mississippi. I knew natural gas traveled by pipeline, but I thought refined gasoline traveled by truck. Is there really a gasoline "pipe?"

The storm is so big, it will take a while to peter-out. I saw a prediction that the storm will be up to St. Louis by mid-afternoon on Sunday, then move up the Ohio River, dumping rain in its tributaries.

Where do you think Obama, McCain, Biden, and Palin will spend Sunday? The first three are currently in the US Senate, so any of them could initiate legislation to provide aid for Ike victims (but where will the money come from?). Palin can send the Alaska Air National Guard to help out.
Jesus paid the price for me and everybody.
Chris

Postby Timsings » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:16 pm

I just got back from filling up our two cars. Every station I saw was charging $3.999 for regular. However, the one Exxon station in our neighborhood was charging $3.789 for plus grade. They had been charging $3.659 for regular, but they had run out. I never found out what the deal was, but there was a local news crew out there when I took the first car, so maybe I'll be able to find out during the 10:00 news. I was surprised that the lines weren't longer.

Tim Reynolds
"So it is with every craftsman. . . . They maintain the fabric of this world, and the practice of their craft is their prayer." (Sirach 38.27, 34)

"I'm living with war everyday." (Neil Young) 12 years later, and still true.
Timsings

Postby Sandy » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:33 pm

It's the "Hurricane on the coast" excuse. The coastal refineries are shut down which means the pipelines to the east coast and upper midwest are not working. It is an interesting situation, since the price of oil continues to fall because of surpluses. Can you say, "price gouging?"

With all the lines at gas stations around here yesterday, the price went up 40 cents a gallon. It is against Texas law to raise prices during an emergency disaster declaration, and our illustrious and aggressive attorney general Greg Abbott has proclaimed the severest of fines for businesses who do. However, when a price increase of $1.10 per gallon was reported by a consumer who watched the station raise the price when the tanker showed up and a line formed, Mr. Abbott excused the business by saying that they probably had a wholesale price increase. Somehow, I think Mr. Abbott will not enforce anything that will cost any business owner a dime. Republican.

And our lieutenant governor, who has about as much meteorological expertise as Rodney Daingerfield, has predicted that there will be a tsunami-like tidal wave that will go up the Houston ship channel, threatening 25% of the nation's oil production. He is setting the stage for more robbery by the oil barons. Well, they bought his office for him, so why shouldn't he help them out?

We are being ripped off by oil companies, thanks to Bush.
Sandy

Postby Ed Edwards » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:59 pm

:angel:
( for the physical Millennial Messianic Reign of Jesus )

-- Ed Edwards, AGW Dude
(AGW = Anthropogenic Global Warming)
Ed Edwards

Postby KeithE » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:09 pm

Coming home at 10:00 tonight, 2 stations had all their pumps covered and were not selling any.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:12 pm

ED: Talk about price gouging, Gasoline coming off the ships at the pot of Albany was 23 cents a gallon higher than yesterday and the storm had just gotten to and that had probably had been on the ship for a week. However, Gas Buddy is reporting $3.60 at 11:20 P.M. I will fill-up over that way when I go to the Board of Missions meeting tomorrow . They where at $3.55 earlier today
Ed Pettibone

Postby Jonathan » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:52 am

"There is a simple way to get corporate money out of politics: get the government out of our lives and economic affairs. If government has no favors to sell, no one will spend money trying to win them." - John Stossel
Jonathan

Postby ET » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:26 am

Took a small road trip down into Miss. last night for my son's football game. Folks were lined up at a Kroger station 8 deep in all the lines. Gas had jumped 25 cents since the day before. One place down in MS had gas listed for $4.25 and I had paid $3.40 to fill up on Thursday.

Got back in last night and my son came in with his car running on fumes. Took his car out and the cheapest I would find was $3.89. Some places had it listed for $3.59, but they were either closed or out of gas.

Had some good old-fashioned "runs on the bank" around here. Just involved gas instead of money. :)

Hehe....and here come the slams on the free market. Nothing like those glorious "central planning" ideas of price controls and rationing that made the 70s such a wonderful time!
ET

Postby Bruce Gourley » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:52 am

Bruce Gourley
BaptistLife.Com owner

Bruce Gourley
Site Admin

Postby ET » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:28 am

I'm Ed Thompson, and I approve this message.
ET

Postby Bruce Gourley » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:40 am

Bruce Gourley
BaptistLife.Com owner

Bruce Gourley
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:11 pm

Here along I-95, regular was $3.899 this morning. Speculators have been buying oil futures they dumped overnight to make a tidy profit. We are dependent on a decreasing commodity. I heard this morning a statistic that says a great deal. We consume 25% of the world's oil but have only 3% of the reserves. No matter how nice it sounds, "Drill, baby, drill," won't make that much difference. We are in need of alternatives, not just excuses.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Rock » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:29 pm

5.19 in Knoxville, Tennesse on Saturday Morning.
Rock

Postby ET » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:38 pm

ET

Postby Rock » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:02 pm

Rock

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:03 pm

I traveled 290 miles through up State NY today a 145 mile round trip saw several service stations as I was only in 8 miles of interstate. NO lines at the stations some as high as $3.83 for Reg Most seemed to be $3.73 that is what I paid, 20 miles before one small town with at least 5 stations at $3.63 and $3.66

No difference in prices between 7:00 am and 4:30 PM the station where I filled up said they had been at $3.59 on Tuesday and that had been their low for several months.
Ed Pettibone

Postby ET » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:55 pm

ET

Next

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum