Thank You, Joshua

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Thank You, Joshua

Postby David Flick » Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:36 pm

Thank You, Joshua! You're a BaptistLife hero. You earn the very first Golden Spur. On behalf of the BL.Com staff and all the BaptistLife Family, I say, "Job, well done!!"

Note to Baptistlife Family: Joshua spent the better part of 48 hours, working almost around the clock, doing the work of getting the discussion forum back online with our new server. I was on the phone with him until the wee hours of the morning today. We are fortunate to have a techie like him.

I have done some tweaking of the Home Page, editing some links and changing the menu page. I still have some work to do there, but that will come later today. I encourage everyone to take time to add a note of thanks to Joshua thanks for the hard work he did behind the scenes. Some of you have already done this, but it wouldn't hurt to do it again in this thread...
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby bobfrgsn » Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:22 pm

Thank you Joshua! I was having withdrawal.
bobfrgsn

Location: Mandeville, Louisiana on the northshore of beautiful Lake Ponchatrain

Postby Joshua Villines » Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:45 pm

Thank you both. You're very kind.

The embarassing part is that, after all of that work, we're exactly where we would have been if - 48 hours ago - I had simply done a clean install...

Such is life. I'm sure I learned something about SQL along the way (like...pray your database never crashes!) :)

Thanks very much for the golden spur. It's my second, and I cherish them both.

-Joshua
Joshua Villines
Forum Tech Support

Thank you, Joshua

Postby Carolyn » Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:53 pm

Well, that was quite an odd thing, trying to access all the buddies on line here earlier in the week!!! Joshua, you rock, man!!! You must have magic fingers to go with your magic brain, to get us all reconnected so swiftly and adeptly. I know Bruce and David are as grateful as we all are for your skills!! Bravo, many thanks!!!! :) :) :)
Carolyn

Postby deb » Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:54 pm

To all the others, I add my thanks Joshua.
deb

My thanks as well.....

Postby Michael » Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:42 pm

It's enough for me to keep my anti-virus and IE updated. Thanks, Joshua, for the time and effort given in ministry to the BL.com family. 8)
Michael
"Is this heaven?"
"No, it's Iowa."
"Iowa? I could have sworn this was heaven."
Michael

Postby Joshua Villines » Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:11 pm

Alright Timothy, make up your mind. Which religion are you recruiting for here? The ABC or the Cult of Macintosh?

-Joshua
Joshua Villines
Forum Tech Support

Postby Joshua Villines » Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:27 pm

Switching to Mozilla Firefox solves most of that stuff, by the way. :)

-Joshua
Joshua Villines
Forum Tech Support

Postby mlovell » Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:47 pm

I cheat -- and look it up. :)

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/
mlovell

Postby mlovell » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:52 pm

I use it to keep up with my traveling family -- daughter and granddaughter now in Prague, on their way to Munich tomorrow, and in a few days to Paris; nephew who travels internationally for a company which builds oil and gas drilling equipment; and occasionally even for myself, to remind me what the time difference will be. (Somehow my brain does not retain that information for more than a month at a time.)

:)
mlovell

Postby mlovell » Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:47 am

Jane -- I know I can find an Old Testament "woe" on this topic if I look hard enough.

Don't overlook The Preacher, who observed that "There is an appointed time for everthing, and there is a time for every event under heaven" -- without specifying precisely what time that was, or in what zone.

8)
mlovell

Postby Mark » Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:28 am

I join my cyber-colleagues in being grateful to Joshua, David, and The Bruce-meister for their hard work in restoring BaptistLife.Com to its former glory.

On more than one occasion, amidst our innane thread drifts, arguments, and trivial pursuits, BL.Com and (most of) its inhabitants have been a source of encouragement and information right when I needed it. As many of you understand, that's simply not always possible from those closest to us - for whatever reason. During such times, an outside perspective can be exactly what's needed.

For all of that, I thank you.
Mark

Postby Mark » Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:29 am

I join my cyber-colleagues in being grateful to Joshua, David, and The Bruce-meister for their hard work in restoring BaptistLife.Com to its former glory.

On more than one occasion, amidst our innane thread drifts, arguments, and trivial pursuits, BL.Com and (most of) its inhabitants have been a source of encouragement and information right when I needed it. As many of you understand, that's simply not always possible from those closest to us - for whatever reason. During such times, an outside perspective can be exactly what's needed.

For all of that, I thank you.
Mark

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum