[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Huckabee - Moving on Up

Huckabee - Moving on Up

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Huckabee - Moving on Up

Postby Cathy » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:52 am

I don't have time to read the whole article this morning, but thought it was interesting that the NYTimes was devoting so much space to Huckabee. I bring it to your attention (isn't that a fox line?) and will read it later myself (I have just read the first page).

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/12/magaz ... ee.html?hp
Cathy

Re: Huckabee - Moving on Up

Postby Prentice Fox » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:57 am

With all the well-deserved attention that Mike Huckabee is getting; I believe the "HUCK-A-BOOM" WILL BE SHORT LIVED. HE IS QUICKLY BECOMING THE MAIN TARGET of the main-stream media and the deep-pockets of his Repub opponents. Every little inappropriate word and every minute mistake that "Huck" ever did will soon be universally known, blown out of proportion, and distorted. While he is a dedicated preacher, and served well as a Governor; I do not believe he will survive in the Cannibalistic world of Presidential Politics. I hope that I am wrong in my prediction. UNCLE PRENTICE.
Prentice Fox

Postby Norm » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:21 pm

Norm

Postby Prentice Fox » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:29 pm

Norm: "He's being ... swift--boated?" Norm, I believe a more accurate term for Huck's situation is, "He is being MEDIA-BOARDED (AS IN "WATER-BOARDED"). uncle prentice.
Prentice Fox

Postby Norm » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:48 pm

Norm

Postby Tim Dahl » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:02 pm

Tim L. Dahl
Using my full name since the warning of Banishment... ;)
Tim Dahl

Postby ET » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:54 pm

I'm Ed Thompson, and I approve this message.
ET

Postby Norm » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:45 pm

Norm

Postby ET » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:10 pm

ET

Postby Hal Eaton » Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:00 pm

You shouldn't believe Dan Rather. After all, he was accused (but let off with a warning) for spitting on the sidewalk in downtown Boise, Idaho, in 1982. (Or was that somebody else?) *

*Last sentence added for fear that somebody will use the information to discredit "the media." Or at least, Dan Rather's parent company, NBC. Or is that CBS? I fergit, but the attitude remains . . .
It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry. -- Thomas Paine
Hal Eaton

Postby Norm » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:23 pm

Norm

Postby Cathy » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:35 am

I read the whole article and felt it gave a pretty negative impression of Huckabee. The black and white picture at the top of the article with Huckabee sitting in what looks like a seedy old hotel seems to set the tone Chafetz further developed.

I googled Zev Chafets and found him to be a pretty intriguing character based on what I read. An American Jew that lived in Israel for over 30 years, fought in the Israeli army, rose in the government to the position of Press Secretary to Begin (dual citizenship I presume), is or was married to a woman that is an atheist raised Pentocostal (one article suggested that one marriage failed don't know if this was the one), now living in the US again and supportive of Zionist Christians like Hagee with a recent book (A Match Made in Heaven). I found some interesting articles he wrote and some Q & A sessions on line. He is apparently very pro Rumsfeld and the Bush/Cheney War.

So the reason for the article and its slant is a bit unclear to me. I'll have to scan it again with the above in mind. I wonder if he is a bit threatened by the rather more pragmatic views of Huckabee. But I'm certainly no authority on Huckabee's views as I don't see myself voting for a Republican anytime soon. I do believe that Chafetz is very pro Israeli and that his writing is mostly to espouse his own political bias. He doesn't seem like someone who would seek balance and fairness over his own agenda.

I'm not sure why the NYTimes would want to put something so eccentrically focused in their Magazine section.

Google Zev Chafetz and if you want to see some interesting views of Chafetz throw Edward Said into the mix.

A link to book mentioned above.

http://www.amazon.com/Match-Made-Heaven ... 192&sr=8-2

Will this end the thread drift or add to it? I'm not one that minds a bit of drift, just wondering. I did think I should come back in a put in a few words about what I thought. Otherwise William might be accusing me of having some Wilkey posting habits. I'll check my spelling later. I've got to get some work done and collect some records for the IRS now.
Last edited by Cathy on Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cathy

Postby ET » Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:55 pm

Great article for any of my fellow conservatives who might be considering voting for him.

Contrary to what Bill Clinton claimed some years ago....the era of Big Government was never over and it doesn't look to be any time soon judging from the current list of Presidential candidates.
ET

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum