[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Symbol Font Help

Symbol Font Help

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Symbol Font Help

Postby Haruo » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:45 am

It's been so long since I typed anything in "Symbol" font that I can't remember what the keystroke is for word-final lower-case sigma. I was visiting the websites of churches in Evergreen and noticed to my great pleasure that (one of our larger Black churches, located in Renton, WA) has a Bible word-search function on its homepage that includes the ability to look stuff up in the Esperanto Bible. After satisfying myself that it actually works, I decided to try to look up something in Nestlé-Aland, also available in that engine, and I tried "Makarios", but it returned no hits. I'm pretty sure the reason is its little pea brain thinks final sigma and non-final sigma are different letters, and if I could only remember the keystroke I could type one (it appears to use Symbol font). But I couldn't remember it, and ended up having to copy-paste the character from Word's "Insert Symbol" function. Now as I type this, it comes to me that maybe what I'm looking for is "V". I'll try it. Sure enough, "MakarioV" works. Oh, well, I'll post anyway, mustn't let all these keystrokes die in vain.

Haruo
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum