Thanks to John Pierce

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Thanks to John Pierce

Postby Ed Pettibone » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:54 am

Ed: Even though it made us a bit homesick. Trudy and I greatly enjoyed the story that goes with the cover of the current issue of Baptist Today. We met in 1989 through the singles program at FBC Ft. Myers, before I returned to seminary in 1990. I was one of the leaders in the singles program and Trudy came to a Fourth of July Celebration we where having.
Dr. Hendrix was very supportive of my decision to return to seminary, and encouraged the church provided some finical help. In the summer of 90 Trudy moved to Louisville and worked for a law firm and we where married in Jan of 91. When I graduated we returned to Fort Myers and again attended FBC under Winford's leadership. Trudy was picking up her work on an undergraduate degree, in preparation to do her M.Div., again the church was supportive. And during that two years I sometimes did the preaching at two nursing homes where the church had ongoing ministries.
Since we left the Area, and our kids have also move elsewhere, I had lost track of what is happening in Ft Myers. I did know that One of the Deacons who had also been our sunday school teacher had become mayor. Maybe that explains the new sign that can be read from both directions on fourth st. :) I was disappointed to read about the churches decline in membership but I am quite encouraged by the new Tinity Villege concept. Dr. Hendrix is one of the finest Pastors that I have ever encountered.
Ed Pettibone

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum