Story about IMB missionaries

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Story about IMB missionaries

Postby mlovell » Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:55 am

Now in Dallas because both have cancer. (Column by Steve Blow, a fine Baptist layman and newspaper man.)

(Yes, Virginia, you'll have to register to read it.) :D

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/localnews/columnists/sblow/stories/081104dnmetblow.1908d.html
mlovell

Postby deb » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:26 pm

I read that a couple of days ago. Sad couse of events, but they seem to be so optimistic. He also recently wrote a column and talked with the missy whose husband and another couple were killed last year in Iraq.

I really enjoy Steve Blow, don't you? I was glad to read that he was on vacation recently, I too was beginning to wonder about his health!
deb

Postby mlovell » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:41 pm

Yeah, I read it a couple of days ago myself -- but there was no BL.com available to talk to anyone about it. :-)

I think they sound like wonderfully mature believers -- living out the truth of II Cor. 1:3-5. Love their sense of humor:
Years ago, Mark and Jan made a pact with another couple to raise the other's children should anything happen. That pact remains in place and has brought them great comfort.

Of course, Jan jokes, the friends made that pact when they had one child, not five. "They are very committed to helping us get well at this point," she laughed.

And their kids sound terrific, too.
mlovell

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum