[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Billy Graham's biographer on Fox News

Billy Graham's biographer on Fox News

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Billy Graham's biographer on Fox News

Postby wilkey » Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:43 am

wilkey

Re: Billy Graham's biographer on Fox News

Postby Mark Pepin » Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:57 am

Mark Pepin

Postby mlovell » Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:20 am

mlovell

Postby Ed Pettibone » Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:02 am

Ed Pettibone

Postby Mark Pepin » Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:04 am

Mark Pepin

Postby Mark Pepin » Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:24 am

Mark Pepin

Postby mlovell » Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:24 am

mlovell

Postby Mark Pepin » Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:42 am

Mark Pepin

Pepin is feeeling theHeat/Martin and Rice

Postby fox » Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:49 am

INFORMED GADFLY

fox

Laugh line of the day

Postby William Thornton » Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:57 am

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Norm » Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:23 am

Norm

Postby mlovell » Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:39 am

Let's recap here.

Fox posts a note about his conversation with Dr. Bill Martin (the Harry and Hazel Chavanne Professor of Religion and Public Policy at Rice University) and reports Dr. Martin's opinion of Fox News. Fox does not address any specific person on the board.

You respond with a seven-icon post which
(1) expresses your view of Fox's "slanted perspective"
(2) ask "what the heck" does "expert on the religious right mean" -- perhaps will answer that one
(3) accuses both Fox and KeithE of "spitting out all manner of invective without any intention of ever documenting it as true," and
(4) describes Fox as "just happy to be in your little democratic partisan world."

Because of the tone of your post, I asked two objective questions of you.
(1) You have not, are not "spitting out invective"?
(2)You have documented/validated your perspective, your "little republican partisan world"?

You respond to me in your usual calm, objective, impersonal, non-accusatory way:
Every post you make is invective. You're so invective oriented, that you view everyone else as if they were your enemy. Seems to be an infliction on YOUR side of the political fence, not mine. (Odds are, you meant "affliction.")

I ask that you identify invective in my post. "Invective" is defined as "denunciatory or abusive language; vituperation; denunciatory or abusive expression or discourse." I don't see that in my post; you don't identify it in my post; instead, you claim that "every post (I) make is invective."

To my second question (You have documented/validated your perspective, your "little republican partisan world"?), posed in your own words to Fox, you reply, "LOL Is that a question, or an accusation."

I respond that it was a question, so identified by the question mark; that I had answered your own question identified by a question mark; that you answered neither of my questions; and (using the same construction you posted to Fox) surmised that this was, perhaps, because "you're so 'victim oriented' that you view every post as an accusation."

Your reasoned response?
(1) "Your question is not a question, it's an accusation, anyone can see that." You go on to describe your "accusation" label as "showing" that my question wasn't a question, but an accusation. (Okay with you if I label you as I wish and then claim my label "shows" you're what I say you are?)
(2) My questions are "accusations" -- but your questions are "honest questions." (No chance my questions are actual questions?)
(3) I "portray you as spitting out invective," whereas I am the one who "really practices that." Yet you fail to identify invective in my post, and when I ask you a question, respond that "every post you make is invective."
(4) You say my question (You have not, are not "spitting out invective?") "did not require answering."

Your subsequent posts, of course, demonstrate your own lack of invective -- and, possibly, why you didn't answer my questions.
mlovell

Re: Laugh line of the day

Postby Mark Pepin » Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:11 pm

Mark Pepin

Postby wilkey » Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:01 pm

wilkey

Postby Mark Pepin » Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:05 pm

Mark Pepin

Postby wilkey » Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:17 pm

wilkey

Postby Mark Pepin » Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:20 pm

Mark Pepin