[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Pastor Appreciation...

Pastor Appreciation...

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Pastor Appreciation...

Postby David Flick » Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:32 am

I had something happen Sunday that I had never experienced before. October is Pastor Appreciation Month. I pastored churches for 35 years and never had a formal pastor appreciation presentation. Through the years, I've had a few church members give me cards and gifts on the side, but never experienced receiving a corporate expression of love.

We're a small church. On big days, we'll have 20 or more. On average, we'll have 10-12 present in services. This Sunday, we had 12. At the close of the service this past Sunday, we stood in a circle in front of the communion table holding hands while I offered the benediction. At the close of the benediction, a lady went to the place where she had been sitting and retrieved a small gift-wrapped package. She announced that today was Pastor Appreciation Day and the church wanted to present me with a gift. They collectively gave me verbal expressions love. The ladies gave me a hug me and the men shook my hand. I was stunned. It was something I never expected.

The two gifts weren't expensive but they, together with the expressions of love, were worth millions. It was a high moment for me. I received a small book of devotions and a key ring. The messages on the book title and the key ring were literally priceless. I hope some of you pastors out there get a pastor appreciation like what I received this week. It'll put you on a mountaintop in a flash. Thank God for the family of .

. . . . . .Image

ImageImage
. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Joshua Villines » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:43 am

"Saying that CBF churches are more progessive than SBC ones because they support the ordination of women is like noting that one flat-earth society is more progressive than the other because it admits to the existence of gravity."
Joshua Villines
Forum Tech Support

Postby Haruo » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:00 pm

Amen! That's wonderful, David.

Haruo

PS Glad to see somebody finally managed to copyright the KJV; that fellow's been running entirely too free entirely too long ;-)
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Bruce Gourley » Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:00 pm

Bruce Gourley
BaptistLife.Com owner

Bruce Gourley
Site Admin

Postby Mrs Haruo » Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:50 pm

Mrs Haruo

appreciated

Postby Danny Chisholm » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:27 pm