[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Is Truett Cathy a "counterfeit" Baptist

Is Truett Cathy a "counterfeit" Baptist

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Postby Big Daddy Weaver » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:18 pm

My book:
My Baptists Today column:
My blog:
Big Daddy Weaver

Postby Mark » Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:33 pm

Mark

Postby Joshua Villines » Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:42 pm

"Saying that CBF churches are more progessive than SBC ones because they support the ordination of women is like noting that one flat-earth society is more progressive than the other because it admits to the existence of gravity."
Joshua Villines
Forum Tech Support

Joshua

Postby fox » Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:17 pm

INFORMED GADFLY

fox

Just got a big tip

Postby fox » Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:44 pm

INFORMED GADFLY

fox

This is just too rich

Postby fox » Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:45 pm

From page 176 of James Hefley's Truth in Crisis series on the takeover of the SBC is fascinating documentation of the events in the press room in San Antonio in 1988. I was there.
ABout the allegations of Neal Rodgers in his famous Baptist Laity issue that had pressler and patterson's names on the official invitation list for an early meeting of the council for National Policy Paige said: "I don't suggest that [pressler] and I are not influenced by friends wherever we find them....I deny that there is any organic connection of any kind, shape or form between our involvement and concerns in national affairs and our concerns [in the sbc]"

Yeah, there is a man Wade Burleson can trust now more than ever in this imbroglio in the IMB, just like the mod fighters [ I count Lamar and myself among them] learned to love, adore and trust Paige Patterson and Pressler in the 80's.
It's been a while since I walked on the water, but those two men have no integrity, and Richard Land is not far behind them in a low calibration of such; and it is unseemly to see Truett CAthy and his corporate attorney Perry McGuire have any role in the gunk.
INFORMED GADFLY

fox

In

Postby fox » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:38 am

INFORMED GADFLY

fox

Is anybody close enough to the inside of the CFA

Postby fox » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:09 pm

empire to see if top level folks have picked up Tom Edsall's Book Building Red America; and or red the interview of Randall Balmer in October Baptists Today.
I get word Balmer may be coming to Mercer next Spring.
Win or lose, hope Perry Mcguire, Truett Cathy, Cecil Staton can make arrangements to be there that day.
Would be a shame if a man named for George Truett would not show up in Georgia to hear a distinguished professor from Columbia University who champion's Truett's name in his highly acclaimed book; would be a travesty if Truett Cathy does not show up on that day well versed in Balmer and Edsall's book.
Sfox
Oh, and Perry and CFA staff need to be present Monday at Candler summit on religion and politics, and read my blog about likely fellow traveler Don Stout here in NE Bama
INFORMED GADFLY

fox

eat more chikin

Postby Danny Chisholm » Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:41 pm

Danny Chisholm

Danny

Postby fox » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:03 am

INFORMED GADFLY

fox

eat more chikin

Postby Danny Chisholm » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:32 pm

Danny Chisholm

Had lunch at chic

Postby fox » Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:39 pm

Fil A today. Had a good chat with good kid there who is a home schooler and rides his bike up Lookout Mtn everyday to and from work. Wants to own a cfa himself some day, a PCAer
Good kid; gonna bring him to Bob Skelton's attention and see what chkn can do for Him :!:
INFORMED GADFLY

fox

More from Kuo

Postby fox » Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:12 pm

INFORMED GADFLY

fox

Still

Postby fox » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:28 am

INFORMED GADFLY

fox

Wonder

Postby fox » Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:33 pm

INFORMED GADFLY

fox

Postby Joshua Villines » Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:38 am

Fox,

I always hate to intrude on threads where you're talking to yourself ;) (and I don't want to derail this one again), but I thought you might want to know that Truett Cathy is being discussed on Fark.

My comments are farther down the thread. They probably wouldn't make it past the censors here, so I won't repost them.

Posting them, however, made me realize that I should probably get you to pass on a Thank You note from me and several of my old friends to your friend Bob Skelton (who I'm sure is a good person, just a bad fit for Berry). If he hadn't brought so many repressed, fundamentalist girls to Winshape and then continued to contribute to that repression, well...Saturday nights wouldn't have been nearly as much fun.

-Joshua
"Saying that CBF churches are more progessive than SBC ones because they support the ordination of women is like noting that one flat-earth society is more progressive than the other because it admits to the existence of gravity."
Joshua Villines
Forum Tech Support

Josh

Postby fox » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:46 am

INFORMED GADFLY

fox

just in case

Postby fox » Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:55 pm

INFORMED GADFLY

fox

let

Postby fox » Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:59 pm