Great lunch with Scott Erwin

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Great lunch with Scott Erwin

Postby fox » Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:07 pm

The board's Scott Erwin and I and a friend had a great lunch at the table beside a good friend of Judge Roy Moore' sister today in Gadsden, alabama. Moore's friend is voting for John Kerry, Thank-you Jesus

Scott had been doing disaster relief on the Gulf Coast for the cause of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ and his branch in the CBF
Yesterday our friend had a good chat with John Killian, the affable fundamentalist who has not graced our presence on this board in some time.
Killian allegedly inquired about my welfare in Collinsville. Friend conceded most of it was true.
I filled Scott in on the three strike policy here in the Library in Collinsville, and he found my version at least, hilarious.
Great lunch on a beautiful day.
Then I scampered back up to Collinsville for the Homecoming parade. Didn't think to invite Scott till we had parted. He was coming this way but I think he needed to get to the wife in ETenn.
Lot of Hispanics in the parade. I talked to one of the brighter,more beautiful ones as we were waiting for the floats, getting the latest on Oscar, her man in Rome Georgia.
Also had bried chat with the Collinsville Athletic Club contingent at the parade and their choice for school board supe, Incumbent Charlie Warren, a Babdiss Deacon. Told them all to see Friday Night Lights and sugested to him they get the book in all the schools in the countyfor the Gifted Program.
Cause if the Mexican in the MOvie and the book can go to Harvard, then who knows, maybe one from here can go to.
I've already got the juice out to some of my Hispanic friends here.
Scott is a great guy. He loves Jesus.
Invite him to your church for a simultaneous Revival. I'm betting some folks will get saved, no kidding.
He knows Newport and I told him the story of Brownlow Sams and the Blake poem I quoted in my Dad's eulogy.
sfox
INFORMED GADFLY

Fox's Blog
fox

Hilarious Three strike policy

Postby Stephen Fox » Sat May 27, 2017 10:07 pm

Found this from way back in 2004.

Scott is still in Knoxville as far as I know and Im still in Collinsville Alabama. Tomorrow is the 11th anniversary of my churchin May 28, 2006. Notice should be takin
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum