Sinclair group about to do for Kerry what Rove in SC GOP

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Sinclair group about to do for Kerry what Rove in SC GOP

Postby fox » Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:47 am

Primary did to John McCain, the disciple of Richard Jackson.
See my Dekalb Advertiser letter to see how Rove and Bush America acts when it is desperate; and it now looks like desperation time for our Rock Star President.
See the story on the Sinclair 65 station TV group and their "documentary" on Kerry is about to do to our good country.
Tim Bonney, write a letter to the Desmoines Register and talk about what Bush lackeys did to the SBC; talk about Pressler and his history with rightwing groups in Texas. Read the April 2002 I think it issue 39 at http://www.christianethicstoday.com, Bill Moyers story on how Bush America when it is desperate embraces the tactics of 'Conservative resurgence: in the SBC.
Let the heartland know what the Politics of Jesus is about for so called "Christian" President. Speak Truth to Power.
All of you in battleground states, Now Is the Time.
Write letters, guest editorials in your best papers and let the world know what Bush America did to the SBC and the BWA and North Broad Baptist and the 70 missionaries of Conscience and now wants to do to America and the Party of Abraham Lincoln!!!!!
FIGHT THE POWER
INFORMED GADFLY

Fox's Blog
fox

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:15 pm

Fox: Write letters, guest editorials in your best papers and let the world know what Bush America did to the SBC and the BWA and North Broad Baptist and the 70 missionaries of Conscience and now wants to do to America and the Party of Abraham Lincoln!!!!!
FIGHT THE POWER

<b>It's hard to imagine paranoia of this magnitude. Perhaps you will explain precisely what "Bush America" has done to the SBC, inasmuch as you doubtlessly have said many times that the SBC has suffered at the hands of Pressler and Patterson and their gang of fundamentalists. Bush is a Methodist, and so would be expected to destroy the Wesley-ites, not the Calvinists, if he should be intent upon destroying anything at all. How Bush has managed to sink the BWA, North Broad Baptist (of which he's probably never heard) and 70 missionaries, with or without conscience, is a puzzlement. I suspect that what he wants to do to the party of Lincoln is simply to use it to try to stay in the White House, the same thing all incumbent campaigners of both parties do.</b>

C: Now, we are blessed with the Fox News Channel. Broadcasting will never be the same.

<b>You got that right.</b>

Re: Sinclair knockumentary

Postby Jonathan » Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:59 pm

Chris wrote:I believe the FCC (or some court) will prevent Sinclair from going along with his plan. If the so-called "news event" is broadcast, then some network should show "Farenheidt 9/11" the next night, for all to see.

I can see the anti-Kerry Sinclair program for free on my home TV, but I have to pay $7.50 to go to a local theatre to see the Michael Moore film (in case some one has missed the unfairness issue here).

Come on Chris. This is very simple. This is no different than NBC having Kitty Kelly for multiple days in a row to discuss her anti-Bush book. It wasn't news, but NBC was allowed to do it (and we all got it free on our home TV's). This is also no different than the CBS hatchet job movie about Reagan which was only pulled when CBS realized that the broadcast would have cost Viacom revenue due to sponsor boycotts.

Political advocacy on broadcast networks is not new....but now that conservatives are joining the party, it looks like we have problem with it.

Fairness is not an issue here. There is no fairness doctrine (thank Heavens) for broadcast stations, just a market where consumers have choices. Now, with the rise of talk radio, Fox News, there is some real competition for viewers. This competition has caused MSNBC and CNBC to work hard for these viewers by trying too avoid being as one-sided as their broadcast parents.

I wouldn't worry too much about the Sinclair thing. Left leaning folks are as likely to be swayed by this broadcast as are right leaning folks by Mike Moore's stuff. As for the 4-5 truly undecided voters, they're voting for Nader.
Jonathan

Postby Sandy » Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:12 pm

Clear Channel has been hammering away at Kerry for at least six months now, ever since he became the Democratic Party frontrunner and perhaps long before that in preparation for whomever it might be. Talk radio has long been the domain of middle to extreme right conservatives anyway, so anti-Kerry radio broadcasts are probably not going to reach uncommitted independents--they're either listening to their own CD's, or to FM music entertainment or to NPR or Pacifica. And for whatever conservative slant exists on the radio, just remember that the highest rated radio program on the air is Howard Stern, who has been pushing for six months and has helped register something like two million voters nationwide. So there is a balance, of sorts.

I'm not even sure I can identify a Sinclair group station in this market. I wouldn't be too worried. All the mud slinging and smear campaigns are just a sign that Bush is desperate. He pulled out the L word Tuesday night and provided a whopper of misinformation about the supposed "most liberal senator," which was promptly reported as a mis-statement. He must see the polls, too. As the domestic issue debate approaches, the big question is, "What sort of mud-slinging diversion or name calling will Bush have to resort to in order to minimize the damage that will occur?"

The shrill response of the conservatives on this board will confirm that Bush is sinking, in trouble and they know it too.
Sandy
Sandy

Postby jerryl » Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:42 am

Sandy wrote:I'm not even sure I can identify a Sinclair group station in this market.

There arn't any Sinclar station in Houston. The closest to you are two in San Antonio. Most are in mid-market cities, Syracuse, NY, Richmond, VA, Des Moines, IA, Sacramento, CA, etc. Although they do have stations in St Louis, Baltimore, and Minneapolis.

The list is at
http://sbgweb2.sbgnet.com/business/television.shtml

Jerry
jerryl

Postby Keith » Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:05 am

Keith--- I just watched PBS do two hours of broadcasting on the 2004 election. Fox, until you complain about how that show was very pro Kerry, you should not complain too much about the Sinclair group. Bush gets the hatchet job from the major networks and PBS on a regular basis.
It is only in Christ that the glory of God can be seen and loved.
Keith

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum