[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Medical news re: Adrian Rogers

Medical news re: Adrian Rogers

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Postby David Flick » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:38 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Death of Adrian Rogers

Postby Lamar Wadsworth » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:04 am

As an old man, John Leland (if you don't know who Leland was, go take a remedial course in Baptist history) wrote in his diary, "My earnest prayer is that my imperfect services will be deemed acceptable through the blood of the Lamb." All of us preachers offer "imperfect services," Adrian being no exception. A whole lot of people were led to faith in Christ through his ministry. For that I am truly thankful, though I disagreed with some of his theological views and most of his political views. People can be wrong on a whole lot of stuff and still be used to bring people to faith in Christ. I was always in awe of his oratorical skills--his ability as an orator was in the same league with Martin Luther King Jr. Having said that, great oratory does not necessarily equal great preaching. They may be found together, or either may be found apart from the other. Great oratory is becoming a lost art, though there is no shortage of great preaching being done today.

Someone once remarked to Nancy Sehested (pastor at Prescott Memorial BC in Memphis for several years, in my opinion among the best preachers alive today) that her Baptist preacher grandfather might not have been too thrilled with the idea of his granddaughter being a preacher. Nancy's response was classic: "Yes, but he's in Heaven now, and he knows better."

I believe Adrian was a sincere and faithful servant of Christ, although I believe he was sincerely wrong about a whole lot of stuff. I am confident that, as Leland put it, Adrian's imperfect services have been deemed acceptable through the blood of the Lamb. For all of the people he led to faith in Christ, and for all of the good things he said and did, I am truly thankful. As for all of the other stuff, he's in Heaven now and he knows better.
Lamar Wadsworth

Location: Rockmart GA (on a slippery slope, between Aragon and VanWert, 6 miles SW of Taylorsville)

Re: Death of Adrian Rogers

Postby David Flick » Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:54 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Re: Death of Adrian Rogers

Postby William Thornton » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:13 am

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Richard Pat » Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:08 am

Smile God loves you!!!
Richard Pat

Postby William Thornton » Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:15 am

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Richard Pat » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:52 am

William,

Maybe, I don't take the time to proof all I write. The content is right on. I feel like, I make my points. I check this sight out about 4 times a day when in my office. I don't spend alot of time here.

You question my education. I have B.A. I am currently working on my masters. I am taking courses Thru Nobts. I am proud of my academic gains.

I point these things out on this thread as rebuttal for the attacks made on a good man's name. They want to cast him in a bad light. I am here today as a result of men like Adrian Rogers. If not for the work rogers and others did, I would not be Baptist today. I would never stayed in the SBC, if a course correction would not have been made. I praise God for men like Rogers who took a stand for the unchanging Word of God. They laid it on the line and I will challenge a person like fox. You can see his hatred for Rogers in his posts. I am not afraid to stand alone if needed.
Smile God loves you!!!
Richard Pat

Postby Richard Pat » Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:01 am

Poor Timmy,

I am sorry I hurt your feelings. Read some of my post concerning Roy Moore. I don't bash all the time. Some things we can agree on. Biblical issues probbally not. I will defend people who lay their beliefs on the line and take a stand for what is right. I don't have to agree with you politically to love you.

When I first signed in on this board, I was curious about what you believed. Now I realize your feelings are of deceit for anyone who don't share your views. You bash many God fearing men. I will speak my mind.
Smile God loves you!!!
Richard Pat

Postby Sandy » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:12 pm

Sandy

Postby Joseph Patrick » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:37 pm

Joseph Patrick

Postby jerryl » Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:11 pm

jerryl

Postby jerryl » Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:17 pm

jerryl

Postby William Thornton » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:39 pm

William Thornton
Site Admin

Re BL.C openness

Postby Ed Pettibone » Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:05 pm

Ed: I was in hudson falls for an associational Ordination Committe this motning and took the senic way home so I am a bit late in adressing the following point.

Tim I stand squarely behind you in you comments to Richard Pat regarding his defence of the SBC take over however, when you say

"Fundamentalists can't even stand to let a group of moderate Baptists have their own discussion board where moderate Baptists can discuss our own ministries and issues without jumping in to be on the constant attack."

You are asking for something that BL.C has never stood for

Note just under the masthead we say BaptistLife.Com is a Gathering Place for Baptists Worldwide

There is no place that says that this site is for moderates only.

I share you frustration at folk, fundamentalist, and for me, moderates alike rehashing the takeover, over and over and over and over.

I must defend Richard Pat's right to express his opinion but I also will insist that, he at the very least attempt to support his allegations, or cease posting here. I think Dr. Kelly would be embarased to read the type of trash talk tha R.P. has dished out in is short time here. Even though I respect his Richards high opinion of A.R. I do not share it, neither do I think Adrian was the devil personified as some of our moderate friends seem to believe.
Ed Pettibone

Postby Richard Pat » Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:16 am

Smile God loves you!!!
Richard Pat

Postby Norm » Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:33 am

Norm

Postby David Flick » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:05 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:17 pm

William Thornton