Re posting of thread started by JABOWL

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Re posting of thread started by JABOWL

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:31 am

JABowl

Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:12 pm Post subject: Workplace bible Study

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am getting ready to start a women's bible study at work and was wondering if anyone had any experiences they could share or tips or ideas that may have worked for you. Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ed: J.A., you question is quite broad. Perhaps the participants here could help you more if they knew something more as to the setting of your proposed study and why you are planing it. How many women do you anticipate and will this be before work, after work or on the lunch hour?

Will you be the one leading the study? If so what experience do you bring to this endeavor.

BTW, Welcome to Baptistlife.com

You are in a great location. We were in Cincinnati four years before coming to Adirondacks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
JABowl:

I am going to do a posting in our women's bathroom, to see how many are interested. I know of about 5 so far, but don't want to limit it. We will be having the study during our lunch hour. Right now I am searching for a good work place study. I have a discipleship study that my husband and I are doing, but not sure if it is appropriate for work as I am not sure of everyone's backgrounds yet. I would like to do one based on faith in the workplace first - one that I know we all can relate to and then grow from there. I just wanted to know if anyone had participated in one or was the leader of one in their workplace and could share their experience with me - like do's and don't's that they may have went through.
I will be leading it and have had experiences with women's studies at church as well as participating in various ones with my husband. So I feel that I could lead one. I also feel that this is something God has been wanting me to do for awhile now. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Ed aka jep: [b]This thread was usurped byJane, ML & Tony.

It is being renewed strictly for the purpose of dealing with the originators request for assistance in planning and conducting a workplace bible study. Any post not relating to that subject will be removed from this new thread.
Ed Pettibone

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum