Will one mansion in Heaven be enough, brother?

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Postby Hal Eaton » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:14 am

Thanks, Norm. Such in-depth reporting gives much support to my decade-long rejection of Sekulow's philosophy. I had always regarded him as an opportunistic motor-mouth, but the facts of his inter-twined revenue sources, family promotion, and obfuscation regarding the perks he enjoys on OPM (Other People's Money) confirm my opinion. But with so much going on, I can believe the usual disclaimer, "I forget."

Not always right, but never in doubt. Follow the money. Eternal optimism regarding his own accomplishments. Lemons turned into lemonade.

And, as always, I'm just envious.
Hal Eaton

Postby Wade » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:38 am

The problem is that people of his kind are likely so convinced that this lavish lifestyle is justified because he's doing the Grand work of God. That is, God needs him and his kind to "save America". It's a pathologic thought process not alot different than addicts I see with all their excuses and external blame.

THere may soon need to be a twelve step program for all the little Pat Robertson's this great hard "Chrisitan" right movement is developing. "Hello, my name is Pat and I'm a narcisistic Religious powermonger". THis is where we all say, "Hello Pat, you sick freak."
Wade

Postby Kenny B » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:53 pm

Wade wrote:The problem is that people of his kind are likely so convinced that this lavish lifestyle is justified because he's doing the Grand work of God. That is, God needs him and his kind to "save America. "

Isn't that what got Jim and tammy Faye into trouble?
Kenny B

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum