[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Christians against Xian Nationalism: Neil Heath and I signed

Christians against Xian Nationalism: Neil Heath and I signed

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Christians against Xian Nationalism: Neil Heath and I signed

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:43 pm

Have you?

https://www.christiansagainstchristiann ... rg/signers

Also John Cothran Furman Trustee and Rev Lee Fox of Ball Camp BC in Knoxville, no direct relation I'm aware of
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Re: Neil Heath and I signed

Postby Haruo » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:25 pm

I just signed.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Rvaughn » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:28 pm

Didn't sign. Agree with some, not all. I'm not much of a signer anyway.

There are attacks on religious freedom from both extremes of the spectrum, and one side usually believes it is the other side who is guilty. Those on the fundamental to conservative side drink from the water near their side of the bank of the stream, and moderate to liberal drink from the other side, each all the time thinking the other is abridging their religious freedom.
Rvaughn

Postby David Flick » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:25 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Re: Christians against Xian Nationalism: Neil Heath and I si

Postby William Thornton » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:52 am

I generally agree as well.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:06 am

I just signed it as well.

I like the analogy by rVaughn of Christianity being a stream with two sides (fundamentalists and liberals and in-between) being able to drink from the same life-giving river. It is a more visual way of saying what I’ve always believed that a lot of good goes on for people’s lives in churches and faiths of all sorts.

Taking the analogy a little further, white nationalism is polluting that stream (Gal 3:28) as well as that other stream of American Democracy ("All men are created equal"). And the merging of those streams has heightened that pollution.

It takes real discernment to separate the pollution from the pure water.

There is little doubt that white nationalism is on the rise (or coming out of the closet). How “base” (alkaline?) will Trump's base get? Hopefully it will not take over the country. If it comes to war, we all know which side has the most guns.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:21 am

After a conversation with Amanda Tyler (BJC) last month, I was more than willing to sign.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

6 thous signed in first week

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:01 pm

https://www.christiansagainstchristiann ... rg/signers

However I haven't seen Jerry Vines, Mitch McConnell, JD Grear nor Doug Collins signature to date

Stephen Fox

Re: 6 thous signed in first week

Postby KeithE » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:20 pm

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Good story at Baptist global

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:34 pm

Stephen Fox

Postby Rvaughn » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:18 pm

I wrote Bob Allen at Baptist News and told that I was trying to find his article “Dayton shooting puts American leftism on trial,” but had not been able. He replied, “That would actually be a pretty good story.” Not sure if he was also being sarcastic or was serious. The point being that presenting these violent events as proof of the narrative that we prefer to run with, we cripple ourselves in trying to understand what is happening. If we have shooters who are Christian National White Supremacists (one who was also pro-green-new-deal, by the way, El Paso, Texas), Satanic Leftists (Dayton, Ohio), Islamic Fundamentalists (Pulse Night Club, Miami), Selective Mutists (Virginia Tech), Black Racists (Dallas police officer ambush), and so on, it seems to me that we need to see if there is a common thread these people have beyond their personal ideologies (as opposed to just bashing the other side from us over the head).
Rvaughn

Postby Dave Roberts » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:38 pm

"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum