[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - John Bolton : Evil or just idiotic?

John Bolton : Evil or just idiotic?

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

John Bolton : Evil or just idiotic?

Postby Haruo » Sat Jun 04, 2005 3:15 am

I've read sizable excerpts from Mr. Bolton's speech (the one where he asserted that there is no United Nations, the organization to which he has been nominated as Ambassador), but until I heard the thing in his own voice I had no idea just how awful an ambassadorial nominee he was.

Today on a computer in the IT department I found this:

and now I am posting it everywhere I can and forwarding it like it was a chain letter.

The very idea of having this raging nincompoop representing us in the UN strikes me as incredible. Yet according to NPR this evening, the Administration is still standing behind the nomination.

Am I the only person who finds the "knocking 10 stories off the UN Headquarters" notion chilling in the post-9/11 world? Well, chilling might not be the term, but both amazingly insensitive and as irritating as AI calling Gitmo a Gulag?

Haruo
pro-gay and pro-UN
Haruo
Site Admin

Re: John Bolton : Evil or just idiotic?

Postby William Thornton » Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:07 am

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby mlovell » Sat Jun 04, 2005 8:54 am

mlovell

Postby William Thornton » Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:17 am

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby mlovell » Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:22 am

mlovell

Postby Haruo » Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:21 am

William,

Did you hear the specific content of his rant? Why anyone in/from any other country would listen to anything he said is beyond me, and how any American who cares for the standing of our nation in the world community could listen to it and not cringe is equally inexplicable. (To me. I'll admit that I'm not surprised at your response; I'm more favorably impressed by the fact that there are Republican senators willing to oppose him and his trainers.) He has more hair than Khrushchev, but otherwise all he needed was a shoe in his hand; what he was saying was worse. But then I blame the US in large part for the miasma much of the UN has been in for several decades. And I think the alternative structures (like WTO) that the administration prefers are actually worse. Yes we need to help the UN (read "the international community") reform itself, but in the direction of democracy not in the direction of American imperialism that is a cover for multinational corporate imperialism.

Tim, I hope his record as a boss is not the only thing you think disqualifies him. ;-)

I think the President would do much better to nominate his father.

Haruo
Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:31 pm

Sandy

Postby KeithE » Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:42 pm

I vote just plain evil. He's no idiot and knows how to please a President - by doing his bidding. As more evidence (although Haruo's video is all any reasonable person would need to reject this guy), read this just-published news release.

Gonzales did Bush's bidding by coming up with this "enemy combatant" baloney so that Bush could have his troops treat the detainees in a sub-Genevan manner. Lo and behold, now Gonzales is the DoJ and we have angered the world further with documented torture.

Chris Cox has done Bush's bidding by protecting big business from lawsuits and lo and behold he gets a SEC job.

Patricia Owens is clearly doing Bush's anti-environment, and pro-polluter bidding to allow more pollution in cancer alley (Lousiana, SE Texas). She gets nominated for a lifetime position.

But Bolton takes the cake as Haruo's video proves.

The 50.7% mandate Bush claims has gone too far. Bush lied to us in 2000 about being centrist and a uniter.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby mlovell » Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:07 pm

mlovell

Postby KeithE » Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:30 pm

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby mlovell » Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:54 pm

mlovell

Postby Jonathan » Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:13 pm

Jonathan

Postby mlovell » Sat Jun 04, 2005 8:26 pm

Clinton won two elections, yet the .
mlovell

Postby Sandy » Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:20 pm

Sandy