[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - BNG using Esperanto in fundraising

BNG using Esperanto in fundraising

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

BNG using Esperanto in fundraising

Postby Haruo » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:22 am

A week ago, I was surprised to receive an envelope in the mail from Baptist News Global. I think it's the first time they ever wrote to me. But what was weird about it was the title they gave me in the address. It was addressed to

(scan)

at our PO Box. Made me suspicious, it did.

The letter, which repeated the "Samideano" bit in the salutation, was a straightforward fund-raising appeal. Baptists need a news source they can trust, or whatever. Well, by this point in the season, my charity funds are pretty depleted, so I am not rushing to send this outfit, which I have never donated to before, a bunch of money. But... I'm curious. I'd really like to know what data source they mined that told them I was a (potentially sympathetic to them) Baptist Esperantist. And where did they get the idea to address me (and presumably others like me, not that there are scads of Baptist Esperantists out there waiting to be hit up?

Anybody have a clue how I might best approach them to ask about this. If they can give me a comprehensible explanation of how they came to send this to me, I will probably go ahead and send them some money. The more fascinating and/or credible the explanation, the larger my donation.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Re: BNG using Esperanto in fundraising

Postby Rvaughn » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:00 pm

Rvaughn

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum