[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - One of the blessings here in Dubai

One of the blessings here in Dubai

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

One of the blessings here in Dubai

Postby Jon Estes » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:23 am

Where do each of you, who wish to respond, stand on greeting those in the church family, who love hugs, with a hug?

In my church culture, hugging is expected by many and the double kiss on the cheek is common. It has taken me a while to get used to the kiss on the cheek thing.

I still keep my conviction to not be alone with a woman who is not my wife or my family,

I have around 20 you Filipino ladies who we have adopted as our daughters. Most of them, we know their real dads back in their country. Many of those dads are pastors and have personally thanked us for stepping in and being a dad to them... keeping an eye on them.... as they live a world apart. Many want to be married and are looking. Some have introduced me to a person they are finding interest in and I am enjoying the being a dad to my daughter (since I only had boys). I have run a few off. I have encouraged my daughters to pray hard and be careful not to only follow their heart.

Whenever we move back to the US, I do not see in any way such connection with American women happening... the PC culture rules the day.

What think ye?
Living in Dubai for that which I was purposed
Jon Estes

Re: One of the blessings here in Dubai

Postby Dave Roberts » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:57 am

There is a lot of hugging in the church I currently serve. It is my preference to hug from the side, and there is one lady who always kisses my cheek.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:51 pm

Hugging isn't much a part of northern US culture. Male clergy have to be quite careful about that. As Dave said a hug from the side is the safe bet, though I'd never initiate a hug. I cannot image someone offering a kiss in our the reserved culture of Iowa.
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Joseph Patrick » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:25 am

Joseph Patrick

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum