God at work and disappointments

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

God at work and disappointments

Postby Jon Estes » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:42 am

God at work...
We voted 5 new members in a couple of weeks ago

Last week we baptized 5

This week we voted in 3 more new members

Sometime this week I will be baptizing a mom and her daughter in one of our member's pools

Not this weekend but the next, we will be voting on another probably 6 (if they are all in the country)

Disappointments
We said goodbye to one of our single ladies who has been accepted in the Master's program for Law in a school in Gambia

This coming week, we will say goodbye to a young couple and their one-year-old who are relocating to Singapore for work.

Another church family is changing churches due to the distance this required shift has caused. It now takes them over an hour to drive to the location where we are - and this is on a non-work day so traffic is minimal.

Prayers appreciated as this is killing me... I mean that almost literally. The work is wonderful... the results are best of any of my ministries... the transient nature of here and the required shift has me not sleeping well (maybe 4-5 hours a night - maybe) and tightness of chest. Been to Dr.. Heart is fine - a bit of high blood pressure but light meds has that in control.

If the blessings were not here, I would be a basket case.
Jon Estes

Re: God at work and disappointments

Postby Tim Bonney » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:32 am

Sorry Jon for the stressful ministry setting! You'll be in my prayers.
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum