[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Was in proximity to Stephen Fox over the weekend...

Was in proximity to Stephen Fox over the weekend...

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Was in proximity to Stephen Fox over the weekend...

Postby William Thornton » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:03 am

...and, thus far, am showing no ill effects.

Had a family shindig at LIttle River Canyon and passed within spittin' distance of Collinsville. Would love to have seen The Magnificent Stevie, voted most intellectual; the Gospel Dog, the Liberry, the cabal-infested church where his mama was baptized and all that. But was too busy with in-laws and grandkids.

Maybe next time.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

The Magnificent Steevie has email, Facebook and cell

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:43 pm

Cell Phone service.

You coulda facebook messaged me emailed me at smfoxbama@hotmail.com or asked for my cell number and texted.

I had a full weekend with Sacred Harp and first home football game of the year, plus a flat tire so things woulda been logistically difficult.

But you are welcome to come again. We could coordinate with Keith and Lamar and go Dutch. I may even bring my friend, my platonic celibate friend who talked to Tom Haden and knew the son of Civil Rights martyr Viola Liuzzo and Luke of Luke my friend what about young Anna Lee from the Band's The Weight to make it interesting for the literary imaginations of Lamar.

The Prince and the Shooger Booger are in Americus these days and my script collaborator has aspergers so he is doubtful.

There is a place in Mentone which a month ago was voted best catfish in the state but you only get one piece and their famous skillet cornbread for 15 dollars. I can make my own cornbread so we can skip that and go all you can eat catfish in nearby Cloudland, Ga on the East Brow of Lookout Mtn.

Or we can do Mtn Grill Restaurant near Leesburg. Respectable but he's a closet Jew on the menu fronting as devout Church of Christ.

If you come on a Saturday morning I can give you a tour of the famous Local Flea Market--see Rick Bragg in Southern Living for a Goat and Ball Peen hammer--and show you Pine Grove Church on Lookout Mtn where my Grandfather born 1881 taught one room school.

And if you come on the right weekend, maybe we can go a few lots down from my place and talk to George Wallace Jr who comes up this way three or four times a year to skeet shoot with a neighbor.

Or milkshake with Frank who contested Bear Legend Danny Ford, the Clemson Coach who won Natty in 81.

In meantime read my latest blog. It's a review of former Charlotte Observer columnist magnicent chronicle of the 60s , Hard Rain. Three references to Marshall Frady which I spotlight.
Stephen Fox

Re: The Magnificent Steevie has email, Facebook and cell

Postby KeithE » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:16 pm

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Rick Bragg on Two Way Street

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:03 pm

GPB later in the fall.

I'm late seeing this but if we can get Lamar and Thornton to show lets shoot for it Keith E after third week of Sept and before 2nd weekend of October or first or second week of November.

I suggest great place in Cave Sprint Ga or Leesburg Bama if Thornton will come that far. Or maybe Big Daddy Dz near the Cyclorama in Atlanta if you can pick me up in Collinsville Keith and Lamar will show.

Or a couple nights at Truett Camp in Hayesville possibly kind price
some weekend . Open for Bl.com regs only and we may need to crowd source a copy of Wuthnow's Rough Country for House warming present for their Library.
Last edited by Stephen Fox on Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stephen Fox

Re: Rick Bragg on Two Way Street

Postby KeithE » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:47 pm

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum