[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - State of Evangelicalism

State of Evangelicalism

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

State of Evangelicalism

Postby Dave Roberts » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:46 am

One of my friends pointed me to a lengthy article from Michael Gerson, former speechwriter for President George W. Bush. This Wheaton grad gives us a lot to consider.

"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Re: State of Evangelicalism

Postby Sandy » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:06 am

Sandy

Postby Dave Roberts » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:28 pm

"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:51 pm

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:19 am

https://www.getreligion.org/getreligion ... nald-trump

The mysterious, monolithic, mythical evangelical. Expand your reading bro.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:35 am

Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:44 am

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:31 am

William, I hope you have read "The End of White Christian America" which sheds a lot of light on the response of many white evangelical groups who can read the demographics and know we will soon be just one of many minorities among the American populace, a fact brought on as much by the shrinking white birth rate as by the challenging of Christianity. No wonder Al Mohler was advocating the "full quiver" theology a few years ago, until he was personally challenged for only having two children himself. We are in a new world, Bro, and we had better learn how to relate to this world and join forces with African-American and Hispanic Christian groups. I am on Jorge Zapta's facebook list of friends, and the expansion of Baptists and other Christians in the Rio Grande Valley is one rapidly changing the dynamics even of Baptists in Texas.

Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby ET » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:21 am

I'm Ed Thompson, and I approve this message.
ET

Postby Sandy » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:33 pm

The getreligion piece is an interesting perspective, though I notice many assertions without a lot of support. Upwards of 81% of white Evangelicals who voted supported Trump, but the white Evangelical vote was down, by right at 10%, in 2016. The small shift of blue collar workers who moved to Trump in 2016 was countered by suburban, college educated women who moved to Hillary. He couldn't have won without white Evangelical support, and that support justifies the criticism of their sincerity and credibility. In every way.
Sandy

Postby ET » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:36 pm

ET

Postby Dave Roberts » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:37 pm

Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:07 pm

Sandy

Postby ET » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:45 am

ET

Postby Sandy » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:10 pm

Last edited by Sandy on Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sandy

Postby Rvaughn » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:43 pm

Rvaughn

Postby Sandy » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:56 pm

Sandy

Postby Dave Roberts » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:20 am

Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:03 pm

I have never known ANYONE who has the slightest interest in or appreciation of Bakker. Waste of time to bring that charlatan up here.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:38 pm

Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby JE Pettibone » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:18 pm

Ed: Uh Sandy; The Senate is a part of one of the three branches of American Government, The Legislative. The other two parts are the Executive and the Judaical.
JE Pettibone

Postby Sandy » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:32 pm

Sandy

Postby Sandy » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:37 pm

Sandy

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum