[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Billy Graham's Final "My Answer"

Billy Graham's Final "My Answer"

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Billy Graham's Final "My Answer"

Postby Dave Roberts » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:30 pm

This morning as I listened to "Morning Edition" on NPR, they did a very nice piece on Billy's death and his funeral preparations. Then they had an interview with a staff member of the BGEA whose name I did not catch. One of the reporter's questions was "When did Billy Graham write the column that he said should be published the day after his death?" With some hesitancy, the staff member admitted that Billy did not actually write it as it appeared. He said that every word was either spoken or written in the past by Billy Graham, but the compiled piece was finished by family and BGEA staff. Perhaps it is just me, but I find this troublesome since it was released to the papers not as having been "approved by Billy and the family" but as having been written by him for this occasion. Somehow this seems beneath the ethics he generally practiced in his life. If anything, I find it takes away from his legacy to publish pseudonymously and only acknowledging this when confronted by a reporter's question.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Re: Billy Graham's Final "My Answer"

Postby Haruo » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:06 pm

At least the staff member 'fessed up, knowing it could cost them their employment. I agree it's not up to snuff ethics-and-legacy-wise, and is particularly strange coming from inerrantists.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby JE Pettibone » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:09 pm

JE Pettibone

Postby Haruo » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:58 pm

Agreed.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:35 am

I agree as well. And that is unfortunate.
Sandy

Postby Jim » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:35 am

Jim

Postby Dave Roberts » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:20 am

"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:31 pm

Sandy

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum