[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Merry Christmas to the BL Family

Merry Christmas to the BL Family

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Merry Christmas to the BL Family

Postby Dave Roberts » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:17 am

Some of us have been on this board long enough to claim the status of family. We are like family as we disagree, as we protest one another's points of view, and much more as we follow with interest the family journeys, the births, job changes, educational attainments, the marriages, retirements, and the new ventures. At times, we have also mourned the deaths of BL members. In that context, I wish you and yours a richly blessed Christmas as we celebrate the coming of God among us, that mystery we call "Incarnation." May the already arrived and the coming Christ be in your life's center in this celebration. Merry Christmas!
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Re: Merry Christmas to the BL Family

Postby William Thornton » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:13 am

My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:18 pm

Merry Christmas!
Sandy

Postby Sandy » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:36 pm

Looks like we will have a white one, with two or three inches of snow on the ground and a week of highs in the teens and single digit lows. We've only had one Christmas since we've lived here without some snow on the ground, and so have become used to the seasonal weather. Prior to our move to the Northeast, I can remember two white Christmases in Arizona growing up, and one in Texas. One year, we were at my Grandma's in West Virginia, and had a big snow on Christmas day. This one will be the seventh out of the last eight. No sledding for me, I think, but I'll enjoy the brisk temperatures and the scenery.
Sandy

Postby Haruo » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:15 pm

Rather to our surprise, it looks like we may have a white one, too, the first in nine years I think.

Snow is currently falling and sticking on the streets.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Rvaughn » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:45 pm

May ye all have a Merry Christmas.
Rvaughn

Postby Haruo » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:03 pm

What Robert said, to him and to all!

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Jim » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:07 pm

A MERRY CHRISTMAS CAROL for Christmas Day
Jim

Postby KeithE » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:40 pm

Time for bed. Whole family over tomorrow morning.

Our strange tradition is waffles with ice cream and fruit on top for breakfast.

Hope ya’ll will have a Merry Christmas.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby JE Pettibone » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:34 am

As the heading says Merry Christmas to the BL Family and I will add AND to all the lurkers.

I just peeked at the weather around the country and sort of envy those of you who have a traditional dreamed of White Christmas.

We had a nice Service at Brownwood Baptist yesterday, Donn delivered a short message we had a guest soloist , several congregational Christmas songs and then Trudy officiated over a time of Communion.

This after noon at 2:00 PM we will have a community dinner here at Citrus Valley. Temp 58, Bright sun, going to 69
JE Pettibone

Postby Haruo » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:59 pm

I think we'd gladly trade with you, Ed. It snowed all night, placing our plans for the traditional Christmas ravioli with the brother(-in-law) on Tiger Mountain on, as they say, "ice". We will be stuck in the house all day unless something drastic in the way of a warm front comes along. It's supposed to get warmer, but not much, and we need much. I don't have to go to work till Thursday, but still, the dreamed of White Christmas is more of an encumbrance than a joy enhancement. This is the view out our front door, showing our cherry tree and a rhododendron. Image

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:59 pm

PS That was an hour ago, and it's still coming down.

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:59 pm

Beautiful!
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:44 pm

Wow, that's beautiful. We had about 2 inches, enough to look pretty and not interfere with getting around. It was windy, so I didn't have to shovel the walk.
Sandy

Postby Neil Heath » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:47 pm

Been busy during the holidays with family, but I also wish you all a joyous holiday season and a prosperous New Year.
Neil Heath
Neil Heath
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:46 pm

I just set my Innocents' carol, "In Bethlem Town", to SOLID ROCK. Image

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:42 pm

Too bad there's not an electronic way to listen to the music of that song.
Sandy

Postby Rvaughn » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:07 pm

Sandy, I think the song at this link (with the traditional words) is probably much like the arrangment that Leland has. If not, he can let us know.
Rvaughn

Postby Haruo » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:17 pm

Yes, what Robert linked to is pretty much what I envision, tune-wise. Of course the words would be different.

For a thoroughly electronic way to listen to it, (but still with the "Solid Rock" words, not my carol).

Haruo
Site Admin

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum