[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Ole Dad

Ole Dad

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Ole Dad

Postby Chris » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:42 pm

I have just learned (from one of his children) that Hal Eaton, one of our oldest members, passed away July 15, 2017. His wife of 70 years, Marge, passed away two days earlier.
My wife Gayle and I rented their guest room, for the standard fee of $0.35/night, and had supper at their home, when we were touring the Blue Ridge Parkway, in October 2010. Lovely people. I have a picture of that occasion, but I forget how to use Photobucket.
Jesus paid the price for me and everybody.
Chris

Re: Ole Dad

Postby KeithE » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:30 pm

Ole Dad was a great guy with much insight. I understand he served at the Oak Hill Academy for decades.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:45 pm

Let me pay a bit of tribute to my friend, Hal Eaton. Hal and I served some 12 miles apart in Southwest Virginia. He combined the roles of being Chaplain of Oak Hill Academy and Pastor of Young's Chapel Baptist Church, the campus church for the boarding high school. Hal had previously retired from service as a US Navy Chaplain. He and Marge were great people who loved young people, fought for moderate Baptist causes, and cared for his fellow pastors. While he could have gone most anywhere in the larger churches of Baptist life with his credentials, Hal and Marge chose to invest in troubled young people and in a small community few can even find on the map. I am saddened by the loss of my friend, but I would be impoverished had our paths not crossed.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:53 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:18 am

Sorry to hear about Hal's passing!
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:21 am

I'm saddened to hear of his passing, but glad for him that he didn't have to live long in this world without his companion of 70 years.
Sandy

Postby Haruo » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:06 pm

Second what Sandy said. Looking forward to meeting them.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Chris » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:36 pm

Jesus paid the price for me and everybody.
Chris

Postby Jim » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:22 pm

I go farther back than my 2006 date, when one just clicked on the blue lines under a post to riposte. I used a different ID then but have forgotten it. This means I saw lots of Eaton's remarks. He was pithy and provoking and a pleasure. I love his take on the Ten Cs and admire his ability to be flexible, though I am much more incorrigible, maybe not nearly as nice.
Jim

Postby Bruce Gourley » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:48 pm

I am sorry to hear of Hal's passing. David, thank you for sharing of your visits with Hal, and the photo.
Bruce Gourley
BaptistLife.Com owner

Bruce Gourley
Site Admin

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum