[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - The Aging Ministry

The Aging Ministry

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

The Aging Ministry

Postby Rvaughn » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:40 am

Rvaughn

Re: The Aging Ministry

Postby William Thornton » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:33 am

My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:59 am

Heck, my pastor is still almost a decade ahead of me, but then she didn't even enroll till she retired.

Japanese Baptist has an older (than me I think) interim and is in search mode. Their last pastor was much younger and generational issues were very visible under her pastorate. But they really need a young pastor to reach the young, upscale, unchurched neighborhood that is about to spring to life around them.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Mrs Haruo » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:29 pm

Very interesting article. I am finding it hard to accept how much I am aging too when I look at you-tube clips of what I consider "up beat and contemporary church music" and realize how dated the clothing and hair styles are of the performers. My church is in a real transition period. Our immediate neighborhood has been bulldozed down for several blocks in two directions and two story subsidized housing is being replaced by multi story condo and rental housing. We expect mostly young professionals in the new buildings mixed with working poor, and need a young (at heart at least) senior pastor to encourage church growth in a historic ethnic church that is becoming much more diverse. Finding the right someone is going to be a challenge.
Don't despair if your job and your rewards are few, remember that the mighty oak was once a nut like you!
Mrs Haruo

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum