[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Meeting another BL.com Friend

Meeting another BL.com Friend

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Meeting another BL.com Friend

Postby Chris » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:27 pm

Since I joined this forum (cant remember the year), I have eventually gotten to meet -- in person -- Hal Eaton, Dave Roberts, David Flick, David Currie, Ed Pettibone, Jon Estes....and, finally, today, I met the man we know as "James". He visited my church home, today, and I had the privilege of sitting with him and his lovely wife. They are long-time friends of our new pastor. It is my regret that I never got to meet Marilyn Hillyer (mlovell). She did phone me twice. Once when I was trying to find some good Sunday School literature, and again, when my mother was about to have surgery in a Richmond Va. hospital. I may have revealed the hospital name in my prayer request on BL.com, but somehow, Marilyn got the switchboard operator to find the exact waiting room where I was (a four story building) and track me down to offer her prayer for my mother, and express words of comfort to me and my Dad. I suspect Marilyn worked a lot of miracles in her life.
Jesus paid the price for me and everybody.
Chris

Re: Meeting another BL.com Friend

Postby Haruo » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Living way out here in Seattle, I haven't met that many of us. Bruce Gourley here in Seattle, Ed Pettibone in Vermont, and Neil Heath in Atlanta are the only ones that come to mind. I've spoken with David Flick several times, but we've never met face to face.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum