[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Executive Order 9066 / 追憶の日 vs. Sacred Harp

Executive Order 9066 / 追憶の日 vs. Sacred Harp

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Executive Order 9066 / 追憶の日 vs. Sacred Harp

Postby Haruo » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:37 am

ImageThis weekend will be the in Seattle, and I will be there for at least two thirds of it. I really wanted to go all day both days, but Sunday will be the 75th anniversary of the signing of Executive Order 9066, which led to the internment of the entire congregation of the church my wife is a member of (and which I frequently attend and may one day join) in a concentration camp in Idaho. There will be a ceremony at the church which, thanks to the current President and his Executive Orders, I am duty and honor bound to attend. So I will do the Convention on Saturday, the church stuff Sunday around noon, and as much convention as I can squeeze in on either side of church. There are at least a couple other things I really want to do this weekend, but these are the winners.

When it rains it pours. Have any of you had experience with this sort of conflict?
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Re: Executive Order 9066 / 追憶の日 vs. Sacred Harp

Postby Rvaughn » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:04 am

Last year I had my grandson's birthday and a Sacred Harp singing on the Saturday. Not many things win out over a Sacred Harp singing, but this would have been one of them -- except that I had organized this singing with a small group in Arkansas without realizing how close it would be to my grandson's birthday and was obligated to be there. I enjoyed it, of course, but will be more conscious of such a conflict in the future.
Rvaughn

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum