[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Thanks, Jim

Thanks, Jim

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Thanks, Jim

Postby Haruo » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:03 pm

Quite a while back you sent me a box of hymnals, which I trust I thanked you for at the time. But I just finally got around to cataloging them for my "My Hymnals" list at hymnary.org. There were quite a few that they didn't have, and others whose indexing is still at the rudimentary DNAH level, so if I live to be a thousand on this earth I'll have plenty of database stuffing to do in my spare time. But there is one volume in the box, "", which may actually be nearly unique. Not only didn't hymnary.org have it listed, but neither did Amazon or WorldCat or... the only trace of it I could find is a title listing (but with no additional info) at the Boston University library system. I can't find mention of the publisher, either, namely "Quartet Publishing Co." with offices in Fort Worth, Texas, and Tupelo, Mississippi. Like most of the volumes in the box, it's in seven-shape notation. So thank you!

Here's a scan of the inside front cover and title page:

My list now stands at 390 hymnals!
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Re: Thanks, Jim

Postby Jim » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:46 am

You just made my day. Thanks to you.
Jim

Postby Haruo » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:40 pm

I must have misspelled something in my searching, because now Worldcat is showing 8 other libraries (not including Boston U, which only shows up in Google!)
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Rvaughn » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:17 pm

I'm not real familiar with the Quartet Music Company, but I have a few of their books that was passed on to me by family members (I think one or two are rudiments books rather than song books). I think the primary home of Quartet Music Company was Fort Worth, and that the prime movers in the establishment were J. E. Thomas and Thomas S. Cobb.

Rvaughn

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum