[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Happy Thanksgiving!

Postby Tim Bonney » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:54 am

I hope you all have a happy and blessed Thanksgiving!
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Re: Happy Thanksgiving!

Postby Haruo » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:59 am

Don't overovereat.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Bruce Gourley » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:24 pm

We're having cajun turkey today, which I bought from the grocery store without bothering to read the label carefully. After all, who the heck has ever heard of a store selling cajun turkey for Thanksgiving?

Happy Thanksgiving!
Bruce Gourley
BaptistLife.Com owner

Bruce Gourley
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:56 pm

Bojangles has a deep fried Cajun turkey that I tried a couple of years. It's good but messing with an entire bird is a lot of trouble. I go with a smoked turkey Brest and ham.

I make cornbread dressing from my mother's handwritten recipe.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:00 pm

We (myself and wife Ann) went out to a restaurant and ate with my sister (Carol). So much easier (and better and leftovers). Both our kids and families went away to meet with their in-laws. Putting up Christmas stuff now.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:26 pm

Hope you all had a happy one! We're spending the week in Washington, just enjoying the season and the sights.
Sandy

Postby Dave Roberts » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:32 pm

Hope all of you had a great day. Our son and daughter-in-law have been with us. It's been great to have them.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:30 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:31 pm

Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:46 pm

My daughter, her boyfriend and her best friend are here with us until tomorrow. We've been enjoying good conversation and over eating. It has been fun. Also nice to get away from the officer for a couple of days.
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Bruce Gourley » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:54 pm

Bruce Gourley
BaptistLife.Com owner

Bruce Gourley
Site Admin

I hate to contest everything

Postby Stephen Fox » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:37 pm

But I'll put my sister's dressing this year up in competition against Willie Tee's. Hers was the best ever this year, celery and she got the spices right. Said the trick is before you add the egg, you keep taste testing the batter and add or detract spicing.

Best giblet gravy is Mr. Massey, Noah's Uncle on HWY 11 near Portersville Gap. They used to have an annual fundraiser but have missed a few years. I set my DeKalb County calendar on that one in October.

I made some slaw for carryovers and had a Hebrew National weiner with my sister's leftover chili; skipped one round of BBQ for it. Missed Bridges in Shelby this round but gathered myself with a promise of a pilgrimage Christmas week.
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Postby Sandy » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:40 am

Sandy

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum