[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Supermoon 2016

Supermoon 2016

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Supermoon 2016

Postby David Flick » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:27 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Re: Supermoon 2016

Postby Dave Roberts » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:01 am

Great shots for one who had only clouds last night. Thank you!
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Joseph Patrick » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:18 pm

From Joseph Patrick...aka Gerry Milligan,
David, I love the photos...here in Portland, as usual, it was overcast the last several nights.

But, I do question your math...are you sure that in 2086 you will only be 86?
Joseph Patrick

Postby David Flick » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:32 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:35 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:08 pm

Clear here. Obviously it's cloudy in the Clinton states.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Joseph Patrick » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:35 pm

From Joseph Patrick...aka Gerry Milligan

Sorry for my typo..."Joseph Patrick wrote:

"David, I love the photos...here in Portland, as usual, it was overcast the last several nights.
Thanks.
But, I do question your math...are you sure that in 2086 you will only be 86?
No, I'll be 86 in 2034, which is the year of the next Supermoon.

David, I thought we were the same age...75. If that be true, in 2034 I would be 93. Are you only 68?
Joseph Patrick

Postby David Flick » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:08 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:54 pm

Great photos. I was prepared with camera in hand, but it was overcast and drizzling.
Sandy

Postby Mrs Haruo » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:34 am

It was pretty wet and cloudy here the nights the supermoon was supposed to be visible too. Not unusual for Seattle area this time of year. Closest view I got was by taping a tortilla to the window. :lol: I'm glad you got some clear shots in Oklahoma. They remind me of a song I learned in Kindergarten: The Man in the Moon looked out of the moon, looked out of the moon and said :It's time for all children on the earth, to think about getting to bed!
Don't despair if your job and your rewards are few, remember that the mighty oak was once a nut like you!
Mrs Haruo

Postby Haruo » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:38 pm

The tortilla was pretty realistic... Reminiscent of the messengers to Abraham and Sarah en route to rescue the Lots from Sodom. If you want a biblical tie-in...
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:47 am

Finally got a glimpse of it last night. Perhaps not as impressive as it was earlier in the week, but still quite a sight.
Sandy

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum