[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - The Biggest Con

The Biggest Con

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

The Biggest Con

Postby Haruo » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:59 pm

I just ordered it. (It's a book by Jim Clark, curmudgeonly sporadic BL.com forum participant.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Re: The Biggest Con

Postby Rvaughn » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:32 pm

Is this a fiction book? Tell us a little about it.

While searching to see if I might find a review, I found Hymn Thoughts, which looks interesting.
Rvaughn

Postby Haruo » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:44 am

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:57 am

Jim's website is here: .

The list of hymns he's written (first lines, generally) is .

A book of his hymns with commentary and tunes (composed by him) is entitled Hymn Thoughts and available from Lulu. Image

The tune I used for the Noyes poem is called MIRTH; I'll post a link once I find it. Okay, here it is: PDF of .

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:28 am

Aha! A scan of the pages from my carol collection, posted three years ago during Advent:

Although I would do quite a different set if I were to redo the job today, I am still rather proud of the carol collection I put out in 2005-6 (privately distributed, almost entirely to family). The list of contents of the 2005 edition is (under construction as to tune names):

A Child This Day Is Born
A Stable Lamp Is Lighted
Ah, bleak and chill the wintry wind
With Wondering Awe
All Poor Men and Humble
Puer Nobis Nascitur
Angels from the Realms of Glory
As with gladness men of old
Angels We Have Heard on High
Les Anges dans Nos Campagnes
Shepherds in Our Fields Abiding
When the Crimson Sun Had Set
Bring your torches, Jeannette, Isabella!
A Christmas Auld Lang Syne
Should Auld Acquaintance Be Forgot
One Candle Is Lit
Away in a Manger
The Boar's Head Carol
Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire
The Cherry Tree Carol
As Joseph Was A-Walking
As Joseph Lay Uneasy
Christmas Cometh Caroling
Come and Sing the Christmas Story
Deck the Hall
Deck us all with Boston Charlie
All ye mountains, praise the Lord!
Come, Thou Long-Expected Jesus
Emmanuel
Ding dong! merrily on high
Gesù Bambino — The Christmas Rose When Blossoms Flowered 'Mid the Snows
Glad Music Fills the Christmas Sky
Go, tell it on the mountain
God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen
How Great Our Joy
Greensleeves
What Child Is This?
A Child Is Born on Christmas Morn
Arise, the Kingdom is at hand
Hail to the Lord's Anointed
Hark! the Herald Angels Sing
Beecham's Pills
Hark, how all the welkin rings
Here We Come A-Wassailing
God is born, great powers tremble
I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day
In Bethlem Town
Love Came Down at Christmas
I Saw Three Ships
A Ship there comes, a-laden
The Carol of the Fir Tree - Mirth
Tempus Adest Floridum - Tempus Adest Floridum
Gentle Mary laid her Child -Tempus Adest Floridum
The Flower Carol - Tempus Adest Floridum
A Visit from St. Nicholas
A Visit From Whitebeard
White Christmas - White Christmas
Some Children See Him - Some Children
There's a Song in the Air - Christmas Song
Maria Wandered Through a Wood - Maria durch ein Dornwald Ging
Lutefisk, O Lutefisk- O Tannenbaum
O Christmas Tree!- O Tannenbaum
The Twelve Days of Christmas - Twelve Days
Ho sankta nokto! - Cantique de Noël
O Holy Night - Cantique de Noël
Maoz tsur y'shuati (Rock of Ages) - Maoz Tsur
Raise All Your Voices - All Your Voices ()
Silver Bells - Silver Bells
Silent Night! Holy Night! - Stille Nacht
The Holly and the Ivy - not the tune I intended
Lo, how a Rose e'er blooming - Es Ist Ein' Ros'
Benedictus: Now Bless the God of Israel - Forest Green
O little town of Bethlehem
O come, O come, Emmanuel - Veni Emmanuel
The Magnificat: My Heart Sings out with Joyful Praise - Marias Lovsång
The First Nowell - The First Nowell
Joy to the World - Antioch
Jesus, the Light of the World - Elderkin
’Twas in the Moon of Wintertime - Une Jeune Pucelle