[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Lamentations chapt 1 "The Voice'

Lamentations chapt 1 "The Voice'

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Re: Lamentations chapt 1 "The Voice'

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:32 am

Ed Pettibone

Postby KeithE » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:37 pm

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:20 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby KeithE » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:35 am

Well parse you words then Brother.

Words like “what if anything do I know” show an attitude. And such putdown-ish words/attitudes happen very frequently (from you to me). And I’m tired of it.

And not delving much into who the translators were, before pointing out (I believe incorrectly) that one came from 'some small 179 person bible college of marginal creditation' shows you really don’t want to give a translation a shot. Googling the Voice translators should have been easy, if that were your true question.

And you still haven’t provide me a translator’s name from that college. In fact I have reason to believe that in Springdale AR (or professors therein) have not had anything to do with The Voice which was the product of the Ecclesia Bible Society a Houston-based group.

Sure we have all lived most of our lives without The Voice, but do you want to deny all new matters that come your way?
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:54 pm

Ed: And who here is picking an argument with whom. I said nothing about one of the translators being from 'some small 179 person bible college of marginal creditation'.
I did reference Eccleisa College as one of a string of small Bible colleges that are accredited by a relatively new accreditation association. I named that institution because its name which is similar to the Ecclesia Bible Society, and because being a graduate of one of the two established Baptist schools in Arkansas. BTW, I am not shure of the current status but when I graduated from Ouachita in 1964 it was accredited by both. The Southern and North Central Accreditation Associations. In this thread i have denied no "new matter". In fact I did say that when we are settled in elsewhere and I have more time I will pursue The Voce translation further. Who knows I may also come to an appreciation of it. But first I want to know something of the translators.So far one I like, another I am skeptical of the place where he received a large part of his academic background and i think is now employed.. Plus another who I feel I should know but cannot adequately recall why.

Enough for now, but Keith before you get upset again, I suggest that when you read what I write, you try doing so less defensively. My wife is a much better Bible scholar than I, thanks to her superior aptitude for languages, but today she is a better Preacher, Teacher and Author than when we met partly because she has learned that seldom when I question something she says or writes is it meant not as a corrective but a call for clarification.
Ed Pettibone

Postby KeithE » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:49 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:47 pm

Ed Pettibone

Previous

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum