[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - BBQ keeps the soul from Withering

BBQ keeps the soul from Withering

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

BBQ keeps the soul from Withering

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:30 pm

"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Re: BBQ keeps the soul from Withering

Postby Sandy » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:20 am

Amen. Unfortunately, since relocating to Pennsylvania six years ago this month, I am not able to access real, genuine BBQ. One of the few things I miss about the south, and Texas in particular is that barbeque means any kind of meat that can be roasted over an open fire, and slathered with sauce. Up here, it means pulled pork. The first year I was here, I laid out a barbeque for the school staff that included brisket and sausage, baked beans, grilled veggies and potato salad, and they looked at me like I'd landed from another planet. "What's that?" But I've been asked to barbeque for a couple of church dinners lately.
Sandy

Postby Haruo » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:20 pm

We had a really good Black Caucus barbecue last week. Brisket (as usual done by a white guy), ribs, chicken pieces, corn, salad, baked beans, watermelon, etc. Raffled off a lot of pies. Raised lots of money for Jesus based on Deuteronomy and Ezekiel.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:01 pm

I'm about to eat bbq ribs smoked at son Todd's house.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Mrs Haruo » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:36 pm

:D BBQ does not keep my soul from withering. Must be a Yankee. I have had a few pulled pork sandwiches over the years that were mighty good. BBQ salmon over an alderwood fire however.....that is a dish! Don't forget the frybread! :wink:
Don't despair if your job and your rewards are few, remember that the mighty oak was once a nut like you!
Mrs Haruo

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum