Is Muhammad Ali going to Heaven

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Is Muhammad Ali going to Heaven

Postby Stephen Fox » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:39 am

At least one columnist in the Ga Baptist Christian Index says Absolutely he is not. The Index has been under fire recently by Johnny P

ierce and others hopefully Gov of Ga Nathan Deal a member of CBF FBC Gainesville for assault on the Muslim Faith.

FTR I think Ali is in Heaven now.

Then again I'm convinced William Thornton is going to Heaven even though he repeatedly cast the wrong ballot in the fundamentalist takeover of the Southern Baptist Convention.

Hope to have link to the Index GBC Dundy soon.
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Re: Is Muhammad Ali going to Heaven

Postby Sandy » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:46 pm

http://christianindex.org/muhammad-ali- ... ty-gospel/

It's a guest columnist, a state convention employee.

Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life. I John 5:12

I'm not going to speculate as to whether Muhammad Ali went to heaven or not. The only way to know that is to know his spiritual condition at the time of his death for certain, and no one knows that but him and God. Were the Christian influences in his life able to influence him into following Jesus at some point? In his journey through various forms of Islam, did he reconsider the faith of his parents? I think there are a whole lot more people who "have the Son of God" than it might appear, even within the boundaries of religious beliefs that don't necessarily lead to that conclusion. It might be good for a speculative discussion on whether you could actually be convicted of sin by the Holy Spirit, repent, receive Christ, and then declare yourself to be a follower of Islam and lose your salvation. But I don't know whether Ali is among the redeemed, the chosen, or the condemned.
Sandy

His Memorial Service this afternoon

Postby Stephen Fox » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:26 pm

Is making a strong case this afternoon he's there.

Several years ago in the Christian Century I read a sermon by Barbara Brown Taylor about the funeral of a man in NE Georgia. His family had some question about whether he ever made a profession. BBT said by his witness and what she knew of him there was no question in her mind he is in the Father's House.

BBT is a much greater preacher than Adrian Rogers and Criswell, all her semons rooted in the Text.

I think I can speak for BBTaylor today and say there is no question Ali is there in the Promised Land.

He's Free from many things including the fundamentalism of the Ga Baptist who's head is messed up.

Ali is Free
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum