Al Mohler owns NPR and Russ Moore Rick and Bubba

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Al Mohler owns NPR and Russ Moore Rick and Bubba

Postby Stephen Fox » Wed May 11, 2016 3:15 pm

Monday was a big day for SBC takeover artists Moore and Mohler as they got a lot of radio airtime.

Mohler pontificated for ten minute segment or so on NPR

http://www.npr.org/2016/05/10/476651373 ... hers-adapt

Meanwhile here and Bama the Billy Graham ideology of evangelism is best identified in the Rick and Bubba morning radio four hours. They had a long segment discussing Russ Moore and Trump and the Christianity Today article.

They are popular in Mississippi too, and helped bring Davis Cup Tennis to Bham four years ago; Pat McEnroe himself.
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Re: Al Mohler owns NPR and Russ Moore Rick and Bubba

Postby Sandy » Fri May 13, 2016 2:25 pm

Stephen's comments and irrelevant gab about Billy Graham, Rick and Bubba notwithstanding, the NPR piece on Mohler is a good discussion of the culture war, and does a good job characterizing the perspectives.

There are several things that "popular culture" has determined are right, by their own evaluation and standards, lacking an understanding of Christian faith and Biblical principles. They can't seem to understand that having different, specifically defined roles in church communities for men and women is by design, and is objectively supported, and not "gender discrimination." And of course, they don't get the perspective on homosexuality. They also don't get that it's not really an effective strategy to attempt to use some other pseudo-Christian perspective to convince evangelicals and conservatives that they are wrong on these issues.

On the other hand, there's this statement by one of the participants in Mohler's conference, as reported by NPR:

"Christians are called to protest and to witness to what the Bible claims to be right and wrong."

I don't think so. Christians are called to be "salt and light," but in order to do that, they aren't called to "protest" anything. A lot of Christians, especially conservatives, seem to miss this point, and don't understand that attempting to legislate Biblical values doesn't work any more than protesting what's wrong works. Only Jesus can judge the thoughts and intentions of the soul, and only Jesus can change it. And only Jesus can change someone's definition of what's right and what's wrong. A good study of James 2 and 3 might set some people straight.
Sandy

Mohlerites at Zaxby's

Postby Stephen Fox » Fri May 13, 2016 3:49 pm

Serendipitously I had lunch with five Ministerial students today at Zaxby's They were in an adjoining booth and I struck up a conversation. Two SBTS grads of Mohler and one Beeson with Timothy George. Nice Fellows, Two bystanders in their group, Innocents.

You woulda been impressed by my unflinching 15 minutes of truthtelling, Sandy, as they were.

One was a big Braves Fan. I asked what the problem was. Sardonically another replied it's a ten year building program.

Stephen Fox

Moore Live for 20 minutes on air Wednesday

Postby Stephen Fox » Fri May 20, 2016 4:25 pm

Easy utube google interview with Rick And Bubba. see my blog at www.foxofbama.blogspot.com

Stephen Fox

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum