[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - What millennials expect

What millennials expect

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Re: What millennials expect

Postby Chris » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:51 pm

Jesus paid the price for me and everybody.
Chris

Postby Tim Bonney » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:33 pm

Chris, certainly any proposal about selling the property is actually not binding on the future business of the church. The church could gather in business meeting and vote to revoke that part of the agreement before you would actually sell. The will of the congregation can't be bound in the future like that unless you all sign a contract with the other church.

I'd echo Sandy's suggestion that you consider not resigning. Resignation would only remove part of your influence on the situation. Also if I were a pastoral candidate and found out that member of the search committee had recently resigned the board of Deacons in protest over an action of the church I'd frankly run the other direction. No one wants to interview with a church in active conflict.
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Chris » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:35 pm

Good points, Timothy. I have to decide if I still want to be in communion with this church any longer.
Chris

Postby Tim Bonney » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:54 pm

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby James » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:37 pm

Chris, I just found out that we are having a single service Sunday. It is deacon ordination. SS at 9:15. Worship at 10:30. If you come please introduce yourself. I think I met you once many years ago. I'm the only one in the choir with a full head of white hair and a full beard also white.
James North
CBF, Virginia
Born again by God's free grace
James

Postby Chris » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:41 pm

Chris

Postby James » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:05 pm

Wow! No wonder you are church shopping.
James North
CBF, Virginia
Born again by God's free grace
James

Postby Cathy » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:49 am

Chris, this is very sad. I certainly understand your feelings. After all our church troubles we got out building and van back but it isn't the same church anymore. A California church is getting involved. They are going to pay the interim pastor a salary and they want her to be made pastor not interim now and reevaluate in 6 months. There are strains of Christian Zionism and some other theology I a not comfortable with. I'm probably going to go anabaptist for a while where I can sing real hymns with four part harmony. The pastor insists that the church needs a worship band.

More votes than people! If people leave it hastens the process of the other church getting control. I'd probably just visit around for a while and check in at least monthly for a while.
Cathy

Postby Tim Bonney » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:12 pm

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum