[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - BAPTISM... What say ye...

BAPTISM... What say ye...

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

BAPTISM... What say ye...

Postby Jon Estes » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:44 am

Fellow Saints,

It is not often that a Pastor has th emeans or privelee to baptize a husband and his wife at the same time. The size of a baptistry may not permit or a couple coming to know Jesus at the same time or near the same time might be a reason.

This past week, I had the joy (and help from one of my fine deacons) to baptize a great couple together. They have been Christian for some time but never had the opportunity to be baptized. I thank God that He gave me the blessing to be a part of this important time in their lives. I have put an image in, I hope it works.

There was another couple baptized that day whose picture or name I can not share. This couple recently came to know Jesus. I say they are a couple but in the laws of the land, they recently divorced (prior to finding Jesus) and are working out the complicated mess. They cannot remarry, right now. They are raising two wonderful children. They are demonstating a total love for Jesus and commitment to follow Him.

I consider them married in the eyes of God but understand they are not in the laws of man. They are presentlky committed to working through this and not defiling the lawful ideal of marriage. Two things...

1 - Pray for them.
2 - How would you deal with the marriage issue (remember I am in the Middle East)?
Living in Dubai for that which I was purposed
Jon Estes

Re: BAPTISM... What say ye...

Postby Joseph Patrick » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:06 am

From Joseph Patrick...aka Gerry Milligan

Jon, it appears to have been in a swimming pool, but I did not notice anyone else there. Was that because of the need for secrecy of the one couple? Is the secrecy aspect why you did not go to the gulf?

Gerry
Joseph Patrick

Postby Jon Estes » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:44 am

Gerry -

The people were all standing at the end of the pool (where the camera person was taking shots). There is some needed privacy involved with this one so the pool was our best source. Had a good crowd to observe but down some since it was not immediately following service.
Jon Estes

Postby Tim Bonney » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:02 am

Looks like a very nice location for a baptism!
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:14 am

Looks good. The picture worked okay though on the dark side. Not knowing the details of the second couple, and not being versed in Islamic matrimonial legalities, I have no idea what to suggest on that matter.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:21 am

I'm afraid I don't know enough to be much of a help on the marriage issue. I do think there is a difference between being married in the eyes of God and of the state.
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Jon Estes » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:45 am

Jon Estes

Postby Jon Estes » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:46 am

Jon Estes