Almost feels like Louisville

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Almost feels like Louisville

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:57 am

All week most of the news around here has been over shadowed by the Travers, The Oldest class 1 Stakes race in the US. Today is the 146th running. The Star is American Pharaoh, the first Triple Crown winner in 37 years. The race is at Saratoga up route 50 about 15 miles. The local Time Warner News station is doing an all day feature on the activities. And yes the ladies at the track have some fabulous hats. I am not a big fan of horse racing but I enjoy watching People at big draw events. And this one is great for the Capital area economy. Saratoga has a reputation of being the grave yard of champions, the big question is can Pharaoh change that. Our Capital Area Baptist association has a vital Back of the Track Ministry at Saratoga.
The Feature is to be on NBC around 5:45

See: http://www.saratogaracetrack.com/travers/
Ed Pettibone

Re: Almost feels like Louisville/that is why I don't bet

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:06 pm

My choices where American Pharoah, Frosted and the ultimate winner Keen Ice in that order. The results where Keen Ice, Pharoah, and Frosted. Saratoga's reputation is enhanced.
Ed Pettibone

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum