[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Jimmy Carter's cancer spreads

Jimmy Carter's cancer spreads

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Jimmy Carter's cancer spreads

Postby Chris » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:28 pm

Jesus paid the price for me and everybody.
Chris

Re: Jimmy Carter's cancer spreads

Postby Dave Roberts » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:47 pm

I am saddened to learn of Carter's cancer. He has been a great example of a Baptist throughout his life.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:32 pm

I too am praying for my favorite living former president.
Ed Pettibone

Postby Sandy » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:52 am

I am sorry to hear this news. The article says that his prognosis is good. At 90, I'm sure the risks of any kind of procedure are magnified, but I wish him well and he will be in my prayers.

Regardless of the legacy of his Presidency, by the evaluative standards of today's far right tea party conservatives, Carter should be legendary. His greatest enemy was the Ayatollah Khomeini, the Muslim cleric Iranian dictator who made a tremendous effort to use the hostages in such a way as to affect American public opinion and politics to ensure that Carter didn't get re-elected. He waited until after Reagan took the oath of office to release them. He hated Carter, but seems like he really liked Ronnie, and wanted to do him a favor. I was a Reagan supporter back then, but that always bothered me. If the political parties had been reversed, we'd have heard no end of that from conservatives.
Sandy

Postby Shawn Koester » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:16 pm

President Carter is not only one of the best Presidents we ever had but he is wonderful model of Discipleship and one of my models of what it means to be Evangelical and Baptist. My prayers are with him.
Shawn Koester

Postby Chris » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:26 pm

Chris

Postby Chris » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:26 pm

Chris

Postby Haruo » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:04 pm

Well, no, Chris, that's what an anti-Israel reporter reported based on what someone wrote in an Israeli newspaper. You sound like the Russians, or the Ukrainians, depending on which side you're not on. There are "news" sources in the United States that write stuff like that about Obama, but neither they nor Obama have a corner on "the American take" on anything.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:27 pm

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum