[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Supreme Court on Marriage Equality

Supreme Court on Marriage Equality

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Re: Supreme Court on Marriage Equality

Postby Haruo » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:10 am

Forgiveness precedes repentance. "While we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." I make no claim to orthodoxy, but I agree with the holes Timothy just shot into the fabric of Sandy's soteriology.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:59 am

Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:58 pm

Ed: And Tim, who made you an arbitrator of Orthodoxy outside of the Methodist Church? Seems strange for you to attempt such when you acknowledge in this thread that " orthodoxy is up for grabs".
Ed Pettibone

Postby Tim Bonney » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:06 pm

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:22 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby Tim Bonney » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:30 pm

Well Ed then you are reading me wrong. Methodist is the right way for ME. I have no desire to convert Baptists or anyone else who already has a faith tradition they like to Methodist.

Who would change denominations if they didn't think the one they were joining was better for them?

I'll also note that you seem to be the only one around here who finds occasional reason to object to my Methodism. Is it possible you've got an underlying prejudice that causes you to read me differently than others do?
Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:24 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby KeithE » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:29 pm

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:53 pm

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:49 pm

Ed: Again you play, mind reader, knowing better why I think as I do, than do I, regarding my objection to your frequent promotion of Methodist polity, including your rational for "baptism" of children at an age before they can know what is happening. I haven't seen any one else here agree with you on that one. They are more polite. 8)

When you say that the Brethern Church could be an option for you, of which "Brethern" are you speaking? Certainly not "Grace Breathern", how would you get along with their Baptism, three times face forward, and opposition to women pastors? To become a member and stay in good standing you would have to revise you previously stayed positions on at least those points. And are you OK with foot washing as a required ordinance?
Ed Pettibone

Postby Haruo » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:26 am

Ed, "" is a denomination's name. It's a pacifistic, Mennonite-like outfit.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:13 am

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:32 am

Ed baptism has nothing to do with polity. Baptism beliefs and practices are theology. Polity is about organizational structure. If you are going to critique me at least get part of it right. I've never promoted that Baptists should do infant baptism. I've explained infant baptism and the UMC theology behind it. But I've never suggested that Baptists should baptize infants. In fact I'd think it was ridiculous if Baptists did since you don't have a sacramental theology to support it.

Ed I'm done with being harangued by you for who I am. I'm done reading you misinterpret me. It is just a waste of my time and energy.

Chinmoku.
Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:46 am

Ed Pettibone

Previous

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum