[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Anniversary...

Anniversary...

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Re: Anniversary...

Postby Haruo » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:30 pm

And Mark and Big Daddy Weaver. And I miss Moz.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:16 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:01 am

Happy Anniversary!

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:50 am

How do I send a bouquet of water balloons to this group set to pop at just the right moment. Oh, wait! This morning I could fill them with snow in Southeastern Virginia.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:26 am

FWIW? I think...worth a lot.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:41 am

A belated happy anniversary to the forum.
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby James » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:08 am

I remember one thing on which we all seemed to agree.

We agreed that no parent should leave a child alone with a megachurch pastor.
James North
CBF, Virginia
Born again by God's free grace
James

Postby Tim Bonney » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:08 am

Any thought from the administrators or Bruce, our great benefactor, about a different software platform? I just wonder if this old PHP-BBS system holds back newbies from joining. This format has gone the way of the floppy disk on most parts of the internet.
Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Neil Heath » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:13 pm

I was not an early member, in fact I didn't know BL existed, until I was the subject of a post that was passed along to the Ga Baptist powers that be. It was about the GBC making me and another person leave our church because it supported CBF. The poster is still unknown. It got me in hot water, though I was totally unaware of it until I saw a printed copy of the post at a staff meeting. And it was true, we did have to leave, but it was not helpful.

After that, I dared not join here until I was able to take early retirement. Having known Bruce for a long time, I was delighted to be a part of this crazy band as soon as I could. So Happy Anniversary to Baptist Life, and thanks for the friendships that have resulted from my being a part of us!

Neil
Neil Heath
Neil Heath
Site Admin

Postby Jon Estes » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:49 pm

Happy Anniversary...

I was here at or near the beginning. Left for a while... in and out a few times due to life’s busyness.

Still recall the old SBC net startup stuff.

Been a long... long time since.

Lots of worn out shoes on this life journey.
Living in Dubai for that which I was purposed
Jon Estes

Postby Sandy » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:31 pm

I joined in August of 2004, can't believe it has been that long. Wow, does time fly.
Sandy

Postby JE Pettibone » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:44 pm

I have been here from the Start as Ed Pettibone. Then by some fluke I could not sign in while Trudy and I where on one of our road trips and I re registered with my initials.

It is good to see my old friend and former co Editor of BL.C, David Flick in this thread.
JE Pettibone

Postby KeithE » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:35 pm

I know I’m not liked by many here. I argue hard and my data approach runs counters to many pre-conceptions.

But I appreciate the opportunity to sharpen my studies on Kingdom matters.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:10 am

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:36 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:41 am

Tempus fugit, and some of us no longer do. Happy Anniversary, BL!
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:48 am

Hard to believe any digital group could last nearly 20 years! Happy anniversary.
Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:14 pm

For some reason, Facebook is allowing me to note this (and link to this thread) on my own Timeline, but throwing up roadblocks when I try to post a link to the Evergreen FB group.

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:45 pm

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:53 pm

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:06 pm

Okay, so maybe it wasn't just me. Thanks, Tim.

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:32 pm

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:03 pm

Yeah, I'm seeing more evidence of that, unrelated to BaptistLife.

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:45 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:05 am

David, I’ve been surprised over recent years how much more conservative you seem to be than when I first started on this forum.

I know your story well of being ousted from your position for not bowing to fundamentalism in the SBC and that always made me consider you a moderate rather than a conservative. Has that changed? Or do you see yourself as a political conservative and a theological moderate? Or something else?

And BTW, there have been a number of more liberal folks who have left this forum including Joshua and Jane among others i could name. If you all want this forum to survive it can’t just be the old guys who started with it. It always needs new blood the way a church does. We aren’t getting that here. I’ve made my pitch a couple of times elsewhere for moving the forum to a less old fashioned location where new people might actually join it. But no one so far seems to like the idea. As a person whose only foot in the Baptist world now is this forum and some Baptist relatives, I don’t have too much of a dog in this fight.

I am sorry you know longer feel this forum is a good place for diverse discussion.
Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum