[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Same-Sex Marriage Day in AL

Same-Sex Marriage Day in AL

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Re: Same-Sex Marriage Day in AL

Postby Jon Estes » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:22 am

Living in Dubai for that which I was purposed
Jon Estes

Postby KeithE » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:19 am

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:09 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby Jon Estes » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:32 am

I will admit I am very judgmental. Much less on things which are less detrimental to the well being of others. I think a line has been drawn and God drew it. We find that line in the Bible.

I know that to take this position I take, one must believe that the Bible is truth in all that it says, speaks to and infers. I also admit I do not have all the answers to all the world's decisions but I do know that when the Bible speaks, I choose to line up with that.

The bible speaks clearly on homosexuality and sexual purity in a greater context.

I do not even have a problem with the argument that people were born homosexual or with homosexual tendencies. What I do have a problem with is that the discussion does not take it out further, in harmony with scripture. We were all "born" in sin. Whether it be homosexual desires... anger issues... violent tendencies... and more. Some may even be heightened by the surroundings we lived in. Yet, I know God came to save me from my "birth" problem and forgive me of all that nature (naturally fallen state) I have involved myself in or been exposed to.

I may speak harshly (as some would define) against homosexuality (as an example) but the condemnation they will face is not from my disagreement with them or their choices it is from a God who has already spoken on the issue.

There are things I do not tolerate because I have grandchildren I do not want having to face in this crazy world. I may not be making a dent but I do not let that deter my passion in this matter.
Jon Estes

Postby KeithE » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:16 am

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Jon Estes » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:55 am

Keith -

I struggle with what God is meaning on the women be silent passage. I know in Genesis, God says one of the problems Adam had was he listened to Eve.

I do not think in Genesis it means Eve is lacking intelligence or an ability to discern but rather Adam was given a specific role as the man / husband which he failed to live up to. He knew better and instead of acting on the truth He knew, he chose to listen to the other voice speaking to him.

Then again, to take my position you need to believe Adam and Eve were real and what God's word teaches us concerning them is truth. Not all do so the circular conversation continue to not stop.

I guess we are living in a time that the winds of culture will determine the lines of morals. Trouble is looming...
Jon Estes

Previous

Return to Baptist Faith & Practice Forum