[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Time for John Pierce to step down at Baptists Today

Time for John Pierce to step down at Baptists Today

Open discussion on general Baptist-related topics of interest to Baptists around the world.

Moderator: Dave Roberts

Time for John Pierce to step down at Baptists Today

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:51 pm

Hand the editor's job over to Brett Younger

I called the office in Macon, Georgia Wednesday and told Janie that's how I felt

Brett's sentence about the Ragster Girl buzzer beater for the Itawamba Mustangs was the best story, best writing I have seen in the paper in the last ten years

Enjoyed the baseball stories but time to give Basketball it's due!!!!
Last edited by Stephen Fox on Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Re: Tiem for John Pierce to step down at Baptists Today

Postby KeithE » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:01 pm

John Pierce gives consistently good Editorials. Brett Younger is funny that is for sure, but humor should not be the criteria.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

I was being facetious

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:48 pm

Brett Yngr did have a great column this month, however, one of his best.

Piere is doing a great job but he could be a little more prophetic about the Tea Party and what Bonhoeffer called the "politics of stupidity"!

Stephen Fox

Re: I was being facetious

Postby KeithE » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:34 am

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Re: Tiem for John Pierce to step down at Baptists Today

Postby William Thornton » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:36 am

Stephen, you're an idiot, bro (I say that in Christian luv and kindness, of course) Pierce is the best thig BT has going.

You start your own mag, fund it, find a subscriber base and be as prophetic as you wish. It's a semi-free country.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Re: I was being facetious

Postby Sandy » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:28 am

Sandy

Re: Tiem for John Pierce to step down at Baptists Today :NOT

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:41 am

Ed Pettibone

I love Johnny P.

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:10 pm

I think he is more than adequate for the job; and has done great interviews over the years from Charles Marsh to Kate Campbell, even Randall Balmer. I do think there is a Bonhoeffer/Tea Party exhaustive piece to be done, but no grounds for a job search!!!!

My Goodness can't you fellas have a little fun now and then

As for Sandy and my "fiction"....You're embarrassing yourself with what you don't know, but you do it so articulately I can't look away..

Not that your brought up original sin, but the Susanne Bier movie In a Better World is a good case for it. Hope you and Thornton see it soon. Thornton, Yates Frady wants you to; see the film that is . I hope you do soon.

Stephen Fox

Re: Time for John Pierce to step down at Baptists Today

Postby Ed Pettibone » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:01 pm

Ed: Fox ask "My Goodness can't you fellas have a little fun now and then?" My answer is not when someones career is involved.
Ed Pettibone

I doubt

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:44 pm

Pierce is shaking over this.

If he is my apologies. Pettibone may be wound a little too tight like our friend Flick was a few years ago over the proper moniker for Indian women

Stephen Fox

Pierce doing well

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:06 pm

Stephen Fox

Fox justifiction is flat.

Postby Ed Pettibone » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:00 am